Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 12:43 AM   #1  
Designing Woman

Smile

Just found a new cereal: Special K Red Berries. It is so good! I love Special K, and this cereal combines the rice & wheat flakes with dried strawberry slices. Wheaties with fresh strawberries is a favorite breakfast of mine, but this is total convenience. Plus, I like dried fruits, so this doubles as a take along snack. It's 110 calories for 1 cup. However, is was "on sale" at the Meijers where I live, In Grand Rapids, MI. So I don't know if that means that it was just on a trial run and flopped, or what? but if anyone sees it, I recommend you give it a whirl.

Kate
Old 04-22-2001, 11:27 PM   #2  

Kate-

Also a West Michigan person- though now I am living closer to Lansing. I hate that GR is a test market- so often you find some new product that we fall in love with that just does not make it- then you have to stock up and enjoy as long as you can <sigh>. I will have to look for the cereal- the real test will be if the Lansing Meijer's have it or not- I will let you know if I get a chance to go there this week. Hopefully it doesn't have any corn or corn syrup/fructose syrup so I can actually have it- it does sound good...maybe I can convince myslef that the dried fruit are really marshmellows like in Lucky Charms- I really miss that as a treat every once and a while.

THere are some really good granolas that I found at one of the health food stores that have different dried furits in them- I think there was a strawberry, a blueberry, and a raspberry. They were pretty low fat- though probably not as low fat as the Special K. I can't remember the name of the health food store but they have a location on 28th street and on Alpine- they send out coupons for 20% off you purchases every month so I always stock up on stuff like that and my protien bars for quick meals on the run.

Christine
Old 04-23-2001, 02:26 PM   #3  

Thanks for the Special K tip. I didn't know they had a new variation.
Old 04-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #4  

Default Special K Berries

Hi you Michiganites, I'm from New Jersey and I found it in our local Shop Rite and it too was on sale. Didn't buy it because I had already bought a box of Harmony. I like that cereal. For anyone who is a WW its 4 points for 1 1/4 cups. It seems like a lot of points, but I feel it lasts longer into the day.

I can't wait to try the new Special K. Thanks for the recomendation.

Annamaria
210/205/136
Old 05-11-2001, 09:37 PM   #5  

I have tried this and......it is so good. Thanks for mentioning it......I probably wouldn't have tried it if I didn't see it on here.

Marie
Old 05-17-2001, 07:39 PM   #6  

Default Grab it while you can!!

If you see it you might want to buy it and not take the time to think about it. Every single store around me is totally sold out allready. I would love to have a box and when I see it I am gonna get a couple.

Brenda
Old 05-18-2001, 12:04 PM   #7  

FYI, I saw a TV commercial for it here in NC, so they probably plan on releasing it all over the country.
Old 05-20-2001, 09:31 PM   #8  

Default I Finally Found It!!

I found it at price chopper they finally got some more in and when I got there they only had like 8 boxes left. I gotta tell you, this stuff is delicious, I bought 4 boxes. It is chock full of strawberry slices too, I mean alot. I thought they would be real cheap with the strawberries. Anyway, if you think you will like something like that, my advice to you is try it, I think you will love it.

Brenda
Old 05-23-2001, 07:56 PM   #9  

I believe the distribution must be pretty wide-spread because we have the strawberry Special K in our small corner of British Columbia Canada. My daughter loves it. I didn't bother since it has so little fibre but maybe I'll give it a try. Nora
Old 05-23-2001, 09:07 PM   #10  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Special K...

I found it in several stores in the Chicagoland area - I really like it. Much better than the hard chunks of dates
If you see it you had better buy it because it is flying off the shelves here!!! Carleen....
Old 05-26-2001, 05:50 PM   #11  

I live in California, and I noticed the Special K Red Berries in the local Safeway.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:51 AM   #12  

Smile Special K Berry

Special K Berry version is a very good cereal taste wise. It flys off the Wal-Mart Shelf here in Texas. I've been buying it over at Sam's. The down part is I like my cereal with a little more fiber and Special K Berry does not have that much fiber, but it is such a craze in this house hold right now, I guess we will have it for a while.
Closed Thread