3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Rotisserie-Style Chicken in The Crockpot (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/60250-rotisserie-style-chicken-crockpot.html)

AmyMCGS 06-25-2005 09:35 AM

Rotisserie-Style Chicken in The Crockpot

Rotisserie-Style Chicken in The Crockpot:
3-4 pound chicken
olive oil cooking spray
lawry's seasoned salt
one chopped onion
minced garlic, to taste (I use about a tablespoon)

Wad up balls of foil the size of golf balls and place in the bottom of the crockpot. Spray outside of chicken with olive oil spray, then season lightly with seasoned salt. (This is what makes it turn the pretty brown color! If you don't want to use this I think you could sub other seasonings.) Place chopped onion and garlic inside the chicken. Place chicken in crockpot on top of foil balls (this keeps the chicken out of the water that accumulates as it cooks) and cook on low for eight hours.

----------------------------------------------
I posted this in the thread talking about the nutritional value of the rotisserie chicken you pick up at grocery stores, then realized I should probably post it here in the recipe section.

This is great-- we like it just as well as the store-bought version. Leftovers make great soup, chicken salad, etc.

Amarantha2 06-25-2005 09:56 AM

I think you are a genius, Amy!!! Thanks.

AmyMCGS 06-25-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarantha
I think you are a genius, Amy!!! Thanks.

LOL! :D I got this recipe a long time ago from someone else on another forum, so I really can't take much credit. I'm just passing it on. :)

samanthajosmom_12 06-26-2005 11:57 AM

you do not get any of the foil on the chicken or taste the foil? sue

samanthajosmom_12 06-26-2005 11:59 AM

how many carbs for this chicken? sue

Amarantha2 06-26-2005 09:08 PM

I'm not Amy, but would think there aren't ANY carbs except for the onion, which would be rather negligible, wouldn't it? :)

hefty1 06-26-2005 10:17 PM

:wave: amy i don't have a crock pot. how long do cook it in the oven? glen :)

Kelster2 06-27-2005 11:07 AM

Glen, when I do a baked chicken I cook it in the oven for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 depending on the size. I also used everything that Amy said, except I add 1 can of chicken broth and use the aluminum foil to cover the chicken until the last 15 minutes and then you take it off and return chicken to the oven.

hefty1 06-27-2005 07:02 PM

thanks kjsjacques glen

Kelster2 07-07-2005 12:28 PM

I tried this 2 weeks ago and it was good. The only thing I would change would be the aluminum. The chicken needs to be in its juices in order to remain juicy. Mine turned out a little dry and that's pretty amazing for a crockpot.

FYI

Kel

Fungramma 07-08-2005 11:00 AM

I read this recipe somewhere else and they said to put the chicken into the crockpot breast side down..this keeps the white meat moister.

WaterRat 07-08-2005 02:42 PM

While not using the foil and placing the chicken breast side down do make it moister, it also means there is more fat in it! A lot of what runs off is the fat that's located under the skin. If you let the chicken cook in the juice, or to absorb the fat into the breast meat, you're doing what the grocery store is doing to ensure a moist tasty chicken! Not that it isn't good - it's just no longer lower fat. :) To keep it from drying out, you might need to not let it cook so long in the crock pot.

AmyMCGS 07-08-2005 04:46 PM

Or make smaller foil balls, so that it gets just a little bit of the juice.

As for calories/ carbs, I don't know. I think it will depend on the weight of the chicken, serving sizes, etc.

samanthajosmom_12 07-09-2005 11:52 AM

do you add any water to the crock pot.

samanthajosmom_12 07-17-2005 10:31 PM

well i am trying this recipe tonight . it will be done tommorrow morning to be able get it ready for work later in the afternoon. sue