Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #1  

Default Just had the most amazing egg white omelete

I was just in Florida - on vacation- and I had the MOST AMAZING egg white spanish omelete- I have no idea how it was made- but it must have been baked and it puffed up really huge- it was an egg white spanish omelete- so it had peppers and onions in it- with salsa on the side- but I love to cook and I can't figure out how to make something like that- It puffed up like a mountain and was brown and crispy on top. Does anyone know how to make this? It was at the Original Pancake House in Boca Raton, In florida- I live in New York- its too far to go back!!!
Old 05-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Sounds like what we make at home, although we use the whole egg not just the whites.

Basically we get it too fluff and rise right up by getting the old electric beater out and beating it with milk until its light and fluffy and then through in the onions and capsicums etc is and whisk it a little more. Then pour it into an already hot pan and let it sit until the bubbles start popping. At that point we through it under the grill with a little cheese and leave it until its set and golden brown on top. It tends to rise the most when under the grill...sometimes more than doubling in height. Mmm...soooo fluffy...sooo...light...Mmm...

Livi
Old 06-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #3  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I love egg white omelets, but I'm not sure mine would be classified as extremely fluffy. I use 4-5 jumbo egg's whites and beat them until they are frothy. I read that you don`t need to add milk to egg white omelets, so i usually don't and they turn out ok. Then I mix in my veggies, cheese, or whatever else and pour the mixture into a hot pan. It makes a great meal anytime.
Closed Thread