3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

View Poll Results: How do you prefer to cook?
I don't mind the extra time or effort, a good recipe is worth it 29 36.25%
My time is limited - keep it short! 51 63.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #31

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

I take a lot of pleasure out of preparing meals that taste good. It's even more pleasurable to serve these meals to others and bathe in all the compliments. My cooking is one of the few areas I really get compliments on. There are some dishes, like my salsa, which get requested at every family function I attend. I don't get many ego boosts, so I take 'em where I can get 'em.

I'm on day 12 of being completely OP and this is the FIRST time I have ever gone more than FIVE days without breaking down. I know it's because I have taken the time to prepare all but 2 of my meals (and snacks) these past 12 days, and every one of those meals have been delicious, filling, and satisfying. I realized the reason I failed before in my last attempt to lose weight was because I ate nothing but those little frozen dinners and not only was I always hungry, I was profoundly unsatisfied. I lost weight, but I was miserable. It wasn't long before I turned more and more to my "off" day. Then I would need my "off" day in the middle of the week instead of at the end. After a while I needed two "off" days a week just to get through. Eventually, everyday was an off day.

This time is different. I always feel satisfied. It takes time and effort, but in my opinion, my health is worth it.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #32

Default Quick and Easy!

I totally agree with what Solus just said. For me however, the only thing that will get me away from the frozen foods are the quick, easy recipes because I really don't know how to cook. I will tackle quick easy things, and I know that I will enjoy my food more if I make it fresh. It's crazy that I never learned to cook, but I also relate to the ladies who say that they always regarded food as "the enemy" and wanted to get out of the kitchen fast! I have to change my relationship with food and how I deal with it. If I never cooked before, I need to learn how to cook.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #33
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

For everyday - I like quick and easy....but every once in a while I like experimenting. I was surfing the archives and couldn't resist bumping this poll up.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 PM   #34
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

For me, the quicker the better.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #35
This time for good!

Default I have time, but....

The fewer the ingredients the better. I don't like to add calories if I can make a decent dish with fewer.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #36

I am not that gifted in the kitchen so quick & easy is better for me.

Ultimate Goal
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote