Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #1  

Default food ideas and recipes

Hi, I am kind of new to this message board thing. I had lost 50 lbs and then gained 20 back once I started eating again so I decided to join Weight Watchers and do the point plan. That way I can eat what I want. The problem with me is I hate salads and healthy foods. I guess you can say I’m a meat eater. I have found alternatives to eating my favorite foods like pizza, chicken, and hamburgers. I eat grilled chicken now and eat leaner beef. I found a company Pizza Fit’n Free that makes Fat-Free pizza’s that you can order online at pizzafree.com. I try to find ways to eat what I want and still eat healthy. I really want to loss about 30 more lbs. If anyone has any ideas for new healthy foods I can try please post them on this page. Thanks a lot.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:33 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Mary, welcome to 3FC Congratulations on losing your intial 50 pounds, that's impressive! Maintenance can be just as difficult (or more) than losing, so gaining back some of it is pretty common. You learned a lot of good diet habits before, and you should be able to pick them back up in no time. A lot of people love burgers, pizza, etc, and you are right, there are a lot of good substitutes out there. I'd probably recommend some low to moderate fat products instead of fat free products, though, because you do want some good fats in your diet.

I've started buying some of the new South Beach Diet frozen pizzas, you can find them at your local supermarkets and even at a super-walmart! I also like to make pizza from scratch, and I can control the portion size, total calories, and quality, and they can be frozen in individual portions.

Cooking on the grill is also a great option, especially this time of year! Don't stick to chicken and lean beef, though, you can cook a lot of vegetables on the grill for a delicious, and easy to eat alternative. Try grilling red bell peppers, onions, yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant, and more. I love to grill veggies and use them in a pita or wrap, with a little balsamic dressing, and maybe a small amount of good cheese. Yum

Feel free to browse, we've had a lot of good threads lately on newer, healthy foods. Good luck!
Closed Thread