Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:43 AM   #1  

Cool Going Camping need help with Groceries

I am going camping ( the luxery style) I will have all utilites needed to cook but no sure what to take anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:24 PM   #2  
BirdBrain

I love camping. How active are you going to be? If I'm hiking and canoeing all over, I don't even dream of counting calories, I just take a lot of extra fruit for shots of energy, and granola for snacking. If you're going to be sitting in a trailer reading a book, I'd probably be a lot more circumspect on what I take along. How many of you are going? Any kids?

Kelly
Old 04-01-2005, 08:04 AM   #3  
stbakd

take: homemade burgers,chicken,hot dogs and any other healthy food.
glen
Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #4  

Go natural! Food in their natural state are much better for you and you don't have to take out that fancy cooking material you have. Plan ahead, and read the lables. Yogurt & cheese sticks are good and fast if you are very hungry.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #5  

We always take along a couple cans of black beans and a couple of boullion cubes. Warm the beans with the cubes, mash the beans, add a little chopped onion and jalepenos and tobasco, top with a little sour cream if you like. Makes a great black bean soup with very little effort.
Closed Thread