Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Cool Frozen Mango pieces:Yum

I brought a bag of Frozen Mango pieces at Trader Joe's. I take a few small frozen pieces out of the bag and let each piece sit in my mouth and melt. Depending on my mood I either let it sit out for awhile and get a bit softer or else I pop it in my mouth still very frozen- It tastes sort of like sherbet but without any sugar or fat! It also takes longer to eat the frozen pieces so you eat less. I think this will also be very refreshing when the hot weather comes around.

Another bonus to buying the frozen it that it is so much CHEAPER than buying the fresh cut mango pieces in the produce section.

I'll have to experiment with other fruits as well. --Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 03-19-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Mmmm! Sounds good!!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #3  

Hi Pookie, I've just realized how much I LOVE frozen fruits!! I don't generally like many fruits, but something about eating them frozen is just so darn yummy! I love frozen bananas (my favorite!), strawberries, manderan oranges, rasberries, blackberries, boisenberries (sp?), blueberries, grapes, etc. I make a yummy little snack that has 1 c. of frozen mixed berries and frozen banana slices, with a little equal or splenda, 1-2 tbsp. f.f. cool whip and 1-2 tbsp. of Kashi Go-Lean Crunch cereal. It is absolutely devine! I also love freezing bananas because they last so much longer. I never have to worry about not having ripe bananas any time I want now. And I love to freeze my yogurt as well. When you do it just right, it's literally like eating ice-cream! But you have to freeze it very slowly or it gets icey. Anyway, enough rambling about frozen fruits, but you're right, they rock!!

Beverly

Last edited by boiaby; 03-21-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 AM   #4  
For my HEALTH...

Hi Jo & Bev,

Bev, Several of the fruits you mentioned sound delicious, I will give them a try.

I had brought little containers of mandarin oranges to throw on my salads (I got that idea from the Wendy's Mandarin Chicken salad), I think I will try them frozen as well for an evening snack!

P.S. One last advantage of the frozen fruits--sometimes the cut up mangos I brought in the produce section were a little hard and not fully ripened, but the frozen that I brought seem to be soft and ripe.

Thanks, Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 03-21-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:40 AM   #5  

Hey Pookie, make sure to drain the water off of the mandarin oranges or you'll end up with mandarin ice cubes!! I hope you'll love it, enjoy!!

Beverly
Closed Thread