Easter Chocolate Pitfalls

• I had a little cadbury's creme egg this morning. The egg was so small, I figured, how bad could it be? 450 Calories! AAGGH!
    Easter is a dangerous time.
    Are there any other undersized calorie bombs waiting for me out there?
  • Really? I was just looking up www.fitsmart.com.au and their food database and Cadbury Creme Egg came up as 170 calories per 40gm egg. Thats in Australia though...maybe they're bigger there?

Livi
  • oh my goodness i just got off a jelly bean and peeps binge! I love easter candy hehe
  • THere's no way a regular sized Cadbury's cream egg has 450 calories. THey're just not big enough. I'd have guessed 200 max as a ballpark figure, so Lyria's 170 sounds close to right. 450 calories is probably for 100 grams, but I think the eggs are only 30-40 grams.
  • http://www.hersheys.com/products/det...asp?id=337-606

Go here. Lyria's right 170 calories per 39gram egg.
  • hi charlotte. if you like easter eggs, try working them into your program as a treat.
    glen
  • Whew! I was looking at the UK Cadbury's site, they must have bigger eggs. (It really didnt make sense that that little egg had more calories than a chocolate bar!)

The problem with working treats into my program is that I am genetically incapable of stopping at one! I work better on - "go or no go" basis!
  • I have not bought any Cadbury Mini Eggs yet.

And I'm not going to.
  • Not planning on buying any either... but the office candy jar is always there and I know some evil soul will stock it!
    My usual strategy is to fill the jar myself with hard candy, which I don't much care for - but even with the jar full, people "share" holiday stuff.
    Generous people can be hard on the waistline!
  • Charlotte, I think the difference is that in the UK, many items list nutrition per 100 grams instead of per serving size. I'm still really shocked that it has so few calories, I would have guessed more. Thank goodness I have sensitive teeth and can't eat them anymore, lol.
  • I used to love creme eggs, I had one a month ago as my "treat" I have a treat every Sunday afternoon (when I feel like it) and I didn't like it!!!! Far too sweet for me these days, would rather have had a bowl of porridge with blueberries. I am going mad!!!!!!
  • Its good when tastebuds change... its just hard getting there!