Skim Milk or Soy Milk???

• I was just wondering if skim milk or soy milk was better for you. I have heard mixed things about each and some people said soy isn't that great for you. I am male and somebody said something about something in soy being similar to estrogen. Anybody have any input?
  • I think I read somewhere that soy products, if not carefully taken, can negatively affect your thyroid.

I recommend whole milk though. I've switched from 1% to whole milk for about a month now, and I haven't gained a pound. Might've lost some too.
  • Whole milk should be avoided unless you want to have a heart attack. You don't need the added fat. If you are doing dairy for the help it gives to weight loss, soy doesn't give you this benefit and neither to calcium supplements.
  • soy milk
    My bf's kids are allergic to dairy so they drink soy milk instead. I will say that even they dont really like to just drink it. Just bake with it and use it in cereal. So unless you actually LIKE the taste and look of soy milk (the color is definitely a little off-white and even the smell is a bit off) I would stick with whatever milk you like. I don't like skim milk much its too watery to me and I grew up on 2%, so I think whole milk tastes like cream. For me 1% or 2% are the winners.. I only cook with soy milk when I have some to use up or am needing to make something for his boys like muffins.