Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-16-2006, 03:21 AM   #1  
ready to be thin

Default Need help with recipes for driver hubby.

I was wondering if any of you can suggest some good recipes for things I can make to put in my hubbies lunch box.
A little background here...my husband and I are working on this weight thing together. He is a truck driver, drives at night, and does not stop to eat. So he needs things he can eat virtually one handed. He is more than tired of cold cut sandwhiches. And I am at a loss as to what to pack him that will be filling, but light at the same time. Things that I can make in a large quantity and use throughout the week would be great!

Also...some good, nutritious snacks would be great too...things I can put in ziplock baggies!!! Thanks in advance!!!!
fatscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #2  

Could you make him some soup in a thermos?...homemade chili is low fat, warm and hearty. Also, some pretzels, cereal bars, carrot and celery sticks, fresh fruit, the Nabisco 100 calorie packs are great.

I like to vary the cold cuts that I use and instead of bread try a pita or tortilla. My favorite right now is Deli Select Roast Beef, baby spinach, shredded carrots, horschradish (sp?) rolled up in a tortilla. YUM! Have a pickle and some olives...I also pack alot of the baked chips.

I am on the road or in a hotel alot for my job...so it can be done.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote