Lazy person fritata

• I am often browsing this forum for food ideas so I thought I had better add one of my own meal ideas.
    This is a simple bacon and egg fritata that takes about 10 or 15 minutes to make.

Trim one rasher of bacon and cut into small strips
    Fry in a small non-stick pan
    whisk two eggs and about 30ml of low fat milk together with a fork
    (doesn't have to be all fluffy like an omlette)
    Pour the egg mix over the bacon, swirl the pan around so that the egg covers the whole pan.
    lower heat to medium and leave pan on heat for 2 minutes (or until you see bubbles starting to come through top.
    Take pan and slide it under a medium to hot grill to cook top of fritata.
    Remove pan when the egg turns a nice golden brown.

I like to cut it into quarters and stack it on my plate with a juicy tomato and a little bit of sweet chilli and low fat cottage cheese.

It is 345 calories in total with the tomato and cottage cheese/sweet chilli.
    the fritata on its own is 260 calories.

Here's what it looks like:

• It looks fantastic! Thanks for the idea
  • If you like Greek food, and especially spanakopita, here's another idea (spanakopita is wonderful, but has too much butter with the phyllo).

Saute some onion in a little butter or olive oil. Add a little garlic, and a few cups of spinach; cook the spinach down but it should still be a lovely bright green. Turn heat to low & put lid on. Whisk some eggs (or an egg plus some whites), with pepper and chopped parsley. Sprinkle some feta cheese on top of the spinach mixture (and some freshly grated parmesan, if you like), then pour the egg mixture over it. Put the lid back on and let sit for about ten minutes (or do it in a pan that you can bake, like a "real" frittata). Serve with a light salad. Very filling and extremely good for you.
  • I never thought to put spinach in it, will give that a try!
    Sometimes I put onion and cooked slices of pumpkin in it for a heartier meal. I guess you could put just about anything in it.
    Thanks for the idea though!
  • what is a rasher lisy? glen
  • Glen, a rasher is Brit for a slice of bacon which they sometimes call streaky bacon.
  • thaks ruth glen