Fat Free or Low Fat Mayo

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I was just saying I have to find a lighter mayo. I use Hellmans and LOVE IT but I remember their ligher version tasting like kaka. But this was years ago. I'm willing to give it another try.

PASTE HERE I COME !!!
  • Ok maybe I'm just picky (but probably not, I'm fat!) but I didn't like the Just Too Good. I had it in chicken salad with plain ff yogurt and it was spine shivering YUCKY. I threw it all out. Shoulda tasted it before I put it in the chicken. I tried to mask it but it just got worse. Next!!??
  • I maybe the only one, but I really don't mind Kraft FF Mayo!
  • I bought one of each, tiny jars. I'm gonna try them and let you know.
  • I use real mayo because my husband doesn't like anything low fat, and I don't feel like buying 2 of everything. However, one thing I used to do was mix 1/2 light Hellmans w/ 1/2 regular Hellmans. Thus, if I used 1/4 cup of mayo for some tuna I made, I'd use 1/8 cup of light Hellmans & 1/8 cup of regular Hellmans.
  • Okay so far I've tried the Hellmans Light and I am impressed !!! they've come a long way with the flavor.
  • Is this the 2 Good label? Or another one?
  • Jen, I tried the 2 Good Label yesterday and its gross IMHO.

I really prefer the Hellmann's Light.
  • Whew, it's something different. There's still hope for me yet!

Has anybody tried vegan mayo?
  • You mean have I tried Elmers Glue? No, I haven't but just the thought
  • The Hellman's Light is pretty good. It's got a light blue label.

Vegan mayo, no. But I loooooove Veggie Slices cheeses. They make kickass grilled cheese & quesadillas.
  • Bumblebee Fat Free Tuna Salad
    Bumblebee makes a Fat Free Tuna Salad kit that must be close to the U.K. one you were mentioning. I have 2 in my desk drawer right now.

I like Miracle Whip Lite. I guess I'm an exception
  • Oh I forgot about the tuna kits. StarKist has 4 flavors right now. Hickory Smoked,
    Zesty Lemon Pepper, Herb & Garlic and Sweet & Spicy. I haven't tried them yet, but plan to. I suppose chicken and tuna would be good tossed in just about any vinaigrette. That is how I used to eat tuna all the time, but for some reason I quit.

If I can't find any low/ff mayo that I like, I'll move onto salad dressings and try those. Traditionally I hate light dressings that are creamy. I always taste chemicals. Blech!

Yeah, maybe I'm too picky.
  • I make fake mayonnaise at home that I prefer to the store bought light mayonnaises that are available:

6 oz silken tofu
    2 tsp fresh lemon juice
    1/4 tsp kosher salt
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    black pepper

Just mix everything but the pepper in a food processor (or blender) until smooth, add pepper to taste.

I got the recipe from "A New Way to Cook" and the cookbook says it will keep for about a week. I usually halve the recipe because it makes a cup, which is more than I really need.
  • thanks for the recipe-I opt for the lowfat mayo-and sometimes mix it with a ff scream or yogurt if I'm making a potato salad