Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 03:07 PM   #1  
i luv my dog!

Default Calphalon users question

I recently acquired an old set of Calphalon hard-anodized pots and pans. They are old enough to read "Commercial Aluminum Cookware Co. - Toledo, OH" on the bottom but modern enough to have a "Calphalon" sticker on them.

Anyway, DH was trying to be helpful and put them in the dishwasher. I know that this line is not supposed to be washed like that. Will one time ruin them, or will they be OK if we don't let that happen again?

Any input from your experience with something like this would be most welcome. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

The hard anodized ones I have are fine in the dishwasher, so far. The ones with the non-stick coating didn't fare so well, so those are hand wash only now.
The instructions for both sets say HAND WASH ONLY and give cleansers that are OK. Nothing abrasive for the non-stick. They recommend Ajax, Comet, Dormond and Scotch-Brite pads for cleaning the anodized.

Last edited by barbmarie; 09-06-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread