Slimming World...?

• Hiya,

Can anyone tell me why it says you can eat all you want on this diet...? Because a friend told me that her class SW advisor told her it was about small portions...'

Another thing can anyone tell me if tinned spinach is free...tinned macaroni cheese...and the Batchelors sauces pasta do I make these with just water then...

Oh and Homepride curry sauces small tins are these free...if not how many sins? Because with being a man I am allowed so many sins a day and this can be added to veg and pasta...

Did any of you on this diet think how can I lose weight with eating all high carbs...and at what stage did you notice weight loss?

I hope someone out there can answer these questions for me as I have been on other forums on other sites and they are too slow virtually non existent.

Thanks...

Megareth
  • hey there. They are thinking laterally. I am on this diet. you ca eat what you want but becuase of the syns restricting you then you have to decide what you spend them on. ie "ooh i could have this chocolate bar but thats all 20 syns gone for the day or i could have 3 of this 2 of this and a biscuit for only 6 syns" so literally you can have what you want. do you have the directory of syns? Tinned heinz macaroni is free on green days but not original days. the batchelor sauces pastas technically are but you you would take off syns for the added milk and butter added. you'll have to tell me the tinned spinach make as all makes have different syn values. homepride curry sauces....again what ones as they range from high to low value. It isn't all a high carb diet if you are following the correct plan where you have the original days and the green days. it works out as being very balanced. I have been on it for 4 days so far and so far nothing but I don't feel hungry and I feel like i have more energy.

Hit me back with the info and i will help.

Lauren x
  • slimming world
    Hiya,

Thanks for helping me. Can you tell me if these are free or not...

The tinned chopped spinach is Bonduelle. 395g

Tesco Chopped tomatoes in rich tomato sauce 400g

Homepride 295gram tinned curry cooking sauce

Homepride 295gram tinned tikka masala cooking sauce

also the madras plus the korma one.

Tesco chopped tomatoes with herbs tinned 400g

don't know about these apples...glenryk pilchards in tomatoe sauce.

Also on a red day could I have eggs with the bacon and the same two weetabox morning and two weetabix at night?

I can't think of any other questions - oh, how many syns am I allowed a day being a male?

Thank you for helping me with this...'

Megareth
  • slimming world
    Hiya,

Is diet coke free...what drinks are? I do not drink alcohol so only stuff like coffee tea and other drinks I need to know about as I don't want to go following it then realise I am doing it wrong. I have just come off lipotrim strict liquid diet, and I am losing weight more than on that but need to know that I have got the basics right.

I am going to join the postal slimming world club this month. I used to go to the class about ten years ago...and with coming off a strict no carb diet I did not want to pile it all back on, so I know I have gone onto high carb, but it is speeding weight loss up...the thing is if one stays on this diet do you carry on losing weight or does it plateau?

Best Wishes

Megareth
  • right.....Loz to the rescue!!
    lets take this one at a time.

*ahem*

the spinach is 3.5 per 100g on a orig day and free on green.
    tomatoes are 1.5 per 100g on either day.
    curry sauce per 390g 20.5 on either day.
    tikka masala per 400g 18 on either day.
    madras per 400g 11 on either day.
    korma per 400g is 14 on either day.
    herb tomatoes are same as above ones.
    apples?
    pilchards per 57g free on orig and 4 on green days
    on a red or a green day an egg fried, scrambled, poached etc is 1 syn.
    bacon is free on a original day as long as it is lean. green day per 57g is 4.
    all diet drinks are free as are sugar free. tea is free as long as it is only taken with your milk allowance for the day or without it and without sugar. coffee is free black and no sugar but recommended not to have cause of the caffienne content. Green tea is free too.
    fruit juice generally aren't free. usually works out at about 5 syns per 250 mls of fruit juice.

I am not part of the class. My mum used to be on it and therefore has many of the books which I am following. In the five days I have been on it now I feel more energised and less hungry. I have also lost 2 lbs which I am pleased with. I don't feel the need to join the class but I know it can be a good idea.

Your weight will more than likely eventually plateau as your body need a certain amount of fat still there to function properly. you Should know when it does. and If it doesn't and you still continue to lose the weight. You will know how you feel when you are at your optimum weight . below you might feel sluggish.

I didn't understand what you meant about the weetabix?

I hope this helps you and if anything else is needed don't hesitate to ask.

Lauren x
  • slimming world
    Hi,

Oh, god...I thought tomatoes and homepride curry sauce was free...I am just going to have to live on pasta batchelors and the rice...20 sins a tin of curry sauce...lol...I really thought they were free....are you sure they are sins....tomatoes are classed as free...I am sure they are...

The pilchards are not free as they are only free on a meat day

Megareth
  • yeah i said that to you. free on original day
  • slimming world
    Hiya,

did you or anyone you know on this slimming world feel like they were putting weight on, or did they?

Just that maybe I am eating too much pasta...but I have been told eat all you like it is nothing to do with calorie counting...

Regards

Megareth
  • as long as you are only eating the pasta on the green days. I haven't put on any weight so far but i have only been on it for a week and I've lost 4lbs. My mum when she was on it says she didn't
  • hugmequick are you following the old style plan? Macaroni cheese isn't free any more. It is synned.
  • and its still working even though im eating it.
  • slimming world
    Hiya,

Hugmequick...I am also eating it and it still works....

Gareth...
  • you can eat anything I do but I hate to say it ... I throw up sometimes from eatting so much. the good part is im looing weight from it.
  • Hi all,

Just to say that if you want a weight loss boost then eat lots and lots of raw cherries. What I do is de-pip them all (we're talking half a punnet of cherries here by the way) and then pour either a vanilla or a cherry Muller Light on top of the fruit...and how delish.........more to the point, you'll be pleasantly suprised with your weight loss!

Hope this works for other members like it's working for me.

Ciao!

x
  • Hi Megareth,

The wonderful thing about Slimming World is that it is liberating because it concentrates on what you can have - ie all the incredible variety of unlimited free food - and not on what you can't have - which is the main focus of all other diets.

With Slimming World - nothing is disallowed - it's just that as Lauren said - it's all about choices which is why the Slimming World diet is called Food Opimtimising.

As regard to the SW consultant saying that small portions is what it is about - I think that the consultant has been mis-understood. If you are hungry then you can eat as much free food as you like until you are satisfied - what they say though is when eating free food - think about if you really need / want it? I mean having 6 jacket potatoes in one sitting won't do you any harm - but just because you can have it - is it what you really want at every meal?? If your weight losses are sluggish - thinking about this may help speed up weight loss. However - do not deprive yourself! If you are hungry - eat eat eat

I'm sure you have visited the SW website, but if not here is the url www.slimming-world.co.uk - when you are a postal member you will be able to reach the website which is for members that is really useful - and infact has an online syns facility - so you can find out what every syn value is at the click of a button You can also find details on how to contact them in order to buy the current SW literature.

My best advice though - is to actually join a group if you can - it really is worth it and you feel so supported and excited to go to class each week!

Yes SW changed this year - and many people say "well how come things that were free then and now they are not - yet i used to lose weight eating them"? If you did - ie the macaroni cheese - then thats fine - continue eating them. If again your weight losses become sluggish - then i would take the current syn values of food into consideration.

I have lost just over 3 stone so far and have another 3 stone ish to go - SW is great!

Good luck

Kelly x