Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default Starbucks venti Latte'

what are the values for a starbucks venti (large) Latte just the way it comes with nothing fancy with it also if I did low fat what would it be?

trying to find this info for hubby he can not go with out his coffee! lol
Old 06-18-2004, 09:12 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Try this...

http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/starbucks.html
Old 06-18-2004, 09:55 PM   #3  
it's always something

Or even this http://www.3fatchicks.com/fast-food-...nutrition.html

Our Starbucks info is for Grande size, nonfat when given a choice.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #4  

As with many chain restaurants, Starbucks has nutritional information right on their website (point to the Our Stores link to click through to Nutrition Info). Many of their drinks are astonishingly high in calories, but plain lattes are just espresso and milk. As long as you don't add flavored syrups or whipped cream, they're fine when you count the milk as part of your milk allottment. Of COURSE you want to order nonfat specifically -- otherwise they make it with whole milk, which adds 60 or 70 calories per cup.

venti regular latte: 340 calories, 18g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 18g protein
venti nonfat latte: 210 c, 0g fat, 30g c, 20g p
grande nonfat latte: 160 c, 0g f, 24 g c, 16g p
tall nonfat latte: 120 c, 0g f, 18g c, 12g p

Bonus Tip: To save money AND calories, order a MISTO. This is the almost the same as a latte, except they make it with their regular coffee instead of espresso and it uses less milk, PLUS it costs a lot less. Mistos are also known (in French) as cafe au lait -- it's a one-to-one ratio of coffee to milk. A latte is a LOT of milk with a shot of espresso.

venti regular misto: 180calories, 9g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 10g protein
venti nonfat misto: 110 calories, 0g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 11g protein
grande nonfat misto: 90c, 0g f, 13g c, 9g p
tall nonfat misto: 60c, 0g f, 9g c, 6g p

For even more calorie/money savings, order plain coffee and add your own milk at the bar. I order a grande coffee but have them put it in a venti cup. That leaves me 4 oz of room for milk. So, I am only drinking 1/2 cup of nonfat milk, which is only 40 or 50 calories.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

I am sorry Suzanne. I shouldn't of supplied the link.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #6  
it's always something

It's ok, lol, we love dotti! She's a friend, and an inspiration

I think a lot of people don't realize what all we have on this site, though, and we try to offer as much as we can, based on feedback and suggestions. We are adding more restaurants to our fast food guide and hope it will continue to grow.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #7  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Ok now I feel better. :-)
Old 06-19-2004, 05:50 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone! I might have to tell hubby about that misto thing. He loves his Starbucks but guess he could have worse habits

I have also been wondering what the info is on Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad that is my down fall I LOOVE those salads and crave them often but only usually can eat half of one at a time and save the other half for the next day for lunch.

Thanks everyone
Old 06-22-2004, 05:10 PM   #9  

You may save a few calories by ordering something with less milk but since most of us need calcium, that is the beneficial part of the drink. And there is a big difference in flavor between a latte (made with expresso) and a cafe au lait.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #10  

Well ... having all that milk is fine, if you work it into your daily plan. It's all about knowing what's in there and how that fits in with the rest of your menu. I have milk at breakfast and in the evening, and I'd rather spend fewer milk coupons on a coffee drink and have more throughout the day. But, for someone who doesn't get milk elsewhere in their day -- and, again, knows what they are ordering when they order a latte -- then, by all means, have at.

And yes, there is a flavor difference since mistos are made with coffee and lattes are made with espresso. But, at Starbucks, I find the coffee/mistos more to my taste. Perhaps a latte drinker prefers that flavor, but wouldn't mind trading for the milder (comparatively) flavor of a misto given that it's fewer calories. It's all about priorities & preferences. I was just laying out the facts and options so that a person can make an INFORMED choice, rather than a blind one.
Closed Thread