3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   daVINCI syrups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/40952-davinci-syrups.html)

samanthajosmom_12 05-20-2004 11:27 PM

daVINCI syrups

davinci syrups ! i am getting into buying these to flavor water , baking and desserts low carbing. i like the carmel and i just got the rasberry. what are your flavors you like if you use these and what flavors do you not like? i got seven flavors i am going to try to find in a tj maxx store tommrrow and if i do not find them i will order them. i have a couple from atkins also their vannilla flavor is good- instead of using vanilla extract i am using their flavoring. i got chocolate by atkins and yuck. sue

POOKIE88 05-21-2004 12:40 AM

DaVinci

My Fav DaVinci Sugar Free Syrup is COOKIE DOUGH

I also like the Rasberry // Macadamia Nut // English Toffee // & Gingerbread

They are addictive but expensive.

I add them to my Protein Shakes :cheers: --Pookie

cathyxxx 05-21-2004 10:48 AM

I love these syrups too but find them a little expensive. I have found the same type of syrups at naturesflavors.com I think they are just as good, but cost less.
I haven't seen "cookie dough flavor" - sounds YUMMY to me!

cathy

Leenie 05-21-2004 11:31 AM

I get mine at walmart for $2 cheeper than on the web.
I love hazelnut, vanilla (for my coffee).
Hubby loves the pineapple, he adds it to cottage cheese (you can also drizzle some on cheesecake ;) )

The gingerbread one is GROSS !!

samanthajosmom_12 05-21-2004 07:42 PM

leenie - did i hear that right you got davinci syrups at walmart store? is that a super store? sue

Ilene 05-24-2004 07:11 PM

Can you get DaVinci in Canada? If so, WHERE? I"ve heard to much about them, I'd love to try it...

Suzanne 3FC 05-24-2004 10:29 PM

I see them at Walmart super store. I also frequently see them at TJ Maxx, so if you are lucky enough to have one of those, check their shelves often because they are so cheap there.

samanthajosmom_12 05-26-2004 03:56 AM

i am suppose to get a walmart super store near me in the next year i belive but i will have to wait and see. i am pondering about getting some more syrups to try. sue

beachgal 05-31-2004 10:32 AM

Does splenda (which is the sweetener in DaVinci, right?) go bad with time as nutrasweet does?

JKJ618 05-31-2004 05:45 PM

I use 2 tsp of the DV hazelnut syrup in my ricotta cheese :T

Jennifer 3FC 06-11-2004 12:01 AM

Toated Marshmallow is very good on a baked sweet potato.

Lanaii, I don't know if you can get them from a retailer in Canada, but I bet DaVinci online will ship there.

Meg 06-11-2004 07:24 AM

My fave flavor is SF French vanilla. I use it to make mock chai lattes -- chai tea with a splash of skim milk and the vanilla syrup. It satisfies my sweet tooth after dinner when I get that "dessert" craving.

Sweater Girl 06-11-2004 08:36 AM

I'll keep my eyes out here on this side of the border. I saw a post from a Canadian saying she found some at an independent coffee house somewhere, but I am not sure where she lives (I'm guessing TO or Vancouver). The only SF syrops I see are Atkins and E.D. Smith's.

It does sound like we're missing out... I LOVE chai lattees...

Cheers!

Ali

StarPrincess 06-11-2004 01:13 PM

I love the DaVinci syrups. I get them at United Grocers for about $3.50 each (that's half the cost of anywhere else around here!)

Favorite uses:
* Italian sodas (club soda mixed w/syrup and sometime cream)
* Flavored whipped cream
* Cherry cokes or cherry 7ups
* Shake with vodka and ice for tasty 'tini's
* Flavored cream cheese (reminds me of cheesecake)

mauvaisroux 06-13-2004 06:24 PM

You can get similar syrups from a company called Torani - they are available in Canada at Second Cup coffe shops. I don't know if they are available nation wide though.

Starbucks in Canada has sugar free vanilla syrup but I haven't seen any other flavours yet.