Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #1  

Default salad dressing

i have been lately buying olive oil and putting it on my lettuce with my salad vegs and then add salt to my salad and i put cracked pepper on it and some garlic powder on it and i like it. i was trying to do this to keep away from heavy dressings. i do love blue cheese and i am using it some days , i use rancjh some days. i am trying to get a diffrent flavor for each day. i would like to find a place that sells little pkgs ready to go so if your at a resatraunt and you do not need there. sue
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #2  
it's always something

Great suggestion! I've also stopped buying most bottled dressings, and have been experimenting with my own. I save empty spice jars and use them to mix up small amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, using different types of vinegars for different salads, and add various seasonings and shake it up. It would also be easy to tuck a small spice jar of dressing in your purse to take with you.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:20 PM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

i love to take a lemon or lime squeeze the juice over my salad and sprinkle with fresh herbs. super yummy adds tons of flavor and cuts out fats. sometimes a sprinkle or two o fa healthy oil. ( like a drizzle of olive, or sunflower)
Old 05-11-2004, 09:17 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Most restaurants have olive oil and vinegar to put on your salads just ask...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #5  

i have been finding out with just putting the oil in my salad and useing the cracked or just reg black pepper and salt in my salad i an getting more of the vegs taste instead of loading it with rich fatty dressings. but i still love blue cheese dressings and ranch but i am getting alot less of them and more oil on salads. sue
Closed Thread