Fish-wich one is the lowest fat & healther to eat?

• what fish do you like I would like to know the best one to eat and lower fat. thanks you all.
  • The fat in fish is the good kind and they recommend we try to eat the fattier fish at least twice a week It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that benefit our hearts, and even lower blood pressure. Fish is very low in saturated fats, compared to other meats such as beef or even chicken.

My favorite fish would be salmon and tilapia. Salmon would be higher in fats, while tilapia is very low in fat. My favorite salmon recipe is here I make it frequently. For tilapia, I like to coat it with a spicy crust and bake it.
  • I love Tuna Steaks, Flounder, Orange Roughy is my favorite and tilapia is great too. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Enjoy !!
  • My favorites are swordfish and sea bass.
  • Here's my one little warning: do not eat large fish more than once a month!

Large fish include tuna, shark and swordfish (salmon is not considered a large fish). Because of the pollution levels in the ocean, large fish store a lot of mercury in their bodies. If you eat a lot of large fish with some frequency, you can end up with mercury poisoning.

Just a heads up.
  • From what I've heard, the warning is just about eating such fish more than once or twice per week.

There are risks associated with everything. Moderation is key to managing those risks.
  • I second StarPrincess's warning. In fact, a more recent study indicates that farm raised salmon are fed a diet rich in pollutants that could be harmful to humans who frequently eat salmon. It's really frustrating that our healthy food choices seem to be shrinking. That being said, if you have a Whole Foods or other type of natural market in your area, they have their own, healthier fish farms so that you can feel safe buying from them.