Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:44 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default evola, avola, can't remember name - fat free oil product

I saw something at the supermarket a few days ago that looked interesting, but wanted to look it up online before buying it. I didn't write down the name and now I can't remember it. It was something like Evola, but that doesn't produce anything in Google. I didn't take the time to read the package because I was with someone and didn't want to be an annoying shopper

It was with the cooking oils and it looked like olive oil. Evola, Avola, something like that

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 12-27-2004, 09:13 PM   #2  
LucyKitty

That might be Olestra?

It used to be in a bunch of potato chips but it basically caused mass diarrhea in US consumers, so it was pretty much taken away. They have a form of it that you can deep-fry with, now, but there's nooooo way I'd try it! They renamed it, though, because nobody wants to use Olestra and have the great side effects.

I had those fat-free pringles, my dear. And I will never eat them again!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #3  

Thumbs up I found it

I got it

Enova

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/hea...tfightoil.html
Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #4  

Here is the site http://www.enovaoil.com/

It is being tested in the midwest only now, but you can order it from the site.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #5  
it's always something

I just found it at the supermarket and bought a bottle. It's pretty expensive compared with regular oil. I'm very curious about it! I did find an article on ConsumerReports that indicated it might not do what they say after all, though, and that more research is necessary. I made a pot of veggie chili last night and used a little Enova to saute my onions. I couldn't tell any difference between Enova and regular oil, so that is a good plus. We'll have to watch the research and see what happens. I hope this will turn out as beneficial as they think it will.
Closed Thread