a new healthier approach

• I always base my eating on what I SHOULDN'T eat and I would like to add an emphasis on what I SHOULD eat. I will be starting back on Weight Watchers (leaving for Disney with the DH and kids tomorrow) and would like to include things that I should eat into my diet and work my points around that. I THINK some of the things that I should include in my diet are 3 fruits a day, citrus, blueberries and apples are great, yogert, skim milk, Whole grain breads almonds, walnuts,. I thought if I could come up with healthy breakfast, lunchs and snack by eathing the things nutritionally my body needs then at dinner I could try and eat lean meat, veggies and salads. Please help me create a healthy base to build my personalized plan on.
  • You will find you do better and are less hungry if you include a little protein (meat, veggie alternatives, milk, yogurt or nuts) with your meals and snacks. Carbs leave us hungry after 2 hours, protein sustains us until the next meal.
  • Jagmom, excellent food for thought. if you'll pardon the expression! You're so right that we concentrate on what we're deprived of instead of the steps we're making toward good health.
    I hear that you can make good food choices at Disney. Seek those out and make it fun for yourself. Have a great time! And thanks for 'today's thought'!
  • jag have treat ocassionaly (cake or anything you enjoy) in small doses. that way you wont fall off the wagon.
    glen