Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Any nutritionist in here?

I am just curious about a few things. I know that we are supposed to eat 100% whole wheat bread, but (coming from a white bread girl) the honey wheat berry is not 100% correct. and how about if it said whole grain honey. Would this be o.k. I have been on Weight watcher and have been eating the lowest point bread possible. But my questing is even if the Whole wheat is more points nutritionally wouldn't this be a better choice.

Also I know that there are several things ie, blueberries, walnuts, almonds, whold grains, flax seed, salad greens that should be eaten daily. What are the top things that we should eat?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #2  

you might want to ask this question in the maintainers section. Those ladies are great at knowing nutrition.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #3  
The Salad Guru

Default i'm a nurse, and experienced dieter

whole wheat bread has FIBER, that's why it's less points on weight watchers. fiber causes it to take longer and require more calories for your body to digest it, so it doesn't immediatly turn right into sugar as soon as it hits your small intestine, like white bread. fiber has many health benifits, it absorbs fat and cholestrol, it helps you stay "regular" and keeps your colon healthy. try to pick a bread that has at least 2gm of fiber per slice.
i eat this great breakfast cereal, i get it at the regular grocery store but if you cant find it there, check the health food store. It's called "Optimum, power breakfast" it loaded with fiber and also has protien, soy, flax and blueberries and it's GOOD! even my 20 mo old loves it. check it out.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:44 AM   #4  
Om shanti

My cousin is Director of Nutrition for Pritiken. He's very practical, and would say that any thing is better than white bread, but the "good stuff" (nutritionally) is the stuff they can't leave out on the shelves; you'll typically find it in the freezer case, labeled as "Sprouted Wheat" or "Sprouted Whole Grain."
Closed Thread