healthy fast food?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hey just wondering if anyone has tried any of these lower fat options at the fast food places? I read an article about them just the other day and I'm wondering which ones are good for you and if any are worse than they appear. The grilled chicken baguettes from Burger King look pretty good to me...
  • I actually had a free coupon to try the smoky bbq chicken sandwich from BK, and I thought it was really really good. In fact I went back just a couple days later and got the lite combo - the sandwich, salad and water - and it's kind of a hike from where I work to get there. Anyway, I highly recommend it, and would buy it regardless of the fact that it's a low cal choice!
  • It's got hydrogenated oil hiding in it somewhere. It made me sick. And it's messy to eat. But they're on the right track.
  • Hey all:

Really am enjoying BK's chicken baguette (honey msutard), great portion size and I don't feel totally guilty getting it with the fries (tossing some of them to reduce cals) and getting a diet coke. I think they need more options in the industry where things already have things like sauce, etc. on it (I hate when I find out the fat in the "real sandwiches") so w/ this one-I feel like I know I'm only eating 5 g of fat total for the whole thing.
  • McD's
    I like the whole wheat chicken mc grill, the side salad and for desert, the yogurt parfait. Low in ww points. I think the whole thing is 10-11 pts.
  • aren't they sorta nasty-not sure about the whole wheat bread on the mcgrill. how many points does the baguette have isn't it around 4-6?
  • no specific fast food suggestions but i usually go by whatever is grilled, hold the mayo , guac or cheese tho. usually mexican is a relatively safe bet if the beans are not refried kind, and hold the sour cream. lots of places have salads now with lo cal dressing. wendy's chili looks decent.

i try to stay away from white bread and just eat the meat too sometimes.
  • I know that as far as calorie counting goes you can go to KFC and get a breast and take off the crust and skin and eat one of the sides such as green beans and that's a pretty decent meal.

McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich is also pretty good.

Stay away from mayo, sauces and anything fried.
  • Wendy's chilli is relatively healthy, and Chick-fil-a has a low calorie italian dressing for their salads.

Chipotle is also good if you get a BOWL with beans and veggies.
  • Quote: Wendy's chilli is relatively healthy, and Chick-fil-a has a low calorie italian dressing for their salads.

Chipotle is also good if you get a BOWL with beans and veggies.

Oh, how wrong you are about Chipotle... Check out www.dietfacts.com next time you are online. Add up everything you get on your burrito bowl. I used to get the veggie burrito until I found out it wasn't as healthy as I thought. I still go every once in a while, b/c I do get the craving, but I try to be sensible about it. It isn't going to hurt me every once in a while I guess, just not too often.
  • just a quick point bout wendy's chili. i had a friend that worked there and all day the burgers that were not used, cooked but not used were thrown in a big bucket of ice water.. well duh, hot meat ice water= gross goopy mess. thrown in cooler for next day's chili. i used to love wendys baked tater and chili until he told me that. now i prefer to eat at home, fast food racks up calories, and bucks. but ( always a but, lol) the new bk things look yummy.
  • McDonald's California Cobb Salad with Grilled Chicken and Lowfat Balsamic Dressing is the way to go! No more than 300 total calories (dressing and all!) and it's pretty big and filling! I have it at least 2-3x per week for lunch at work!

Try it! You'll be hooked!
  • try the new fresco style at taco bell. they take the cheese and sauce off burritos and tacos and replace it with a mixture of tomatoe, onion, cilantro and peppers. taste great and cuts fat and calories in half. check it out at www.tacobell.com
  • Quote: just a quick point bout wendy's chili. i had a friend that worked there and all day the burgers that were not used, cooked but not used were thrown in a big bucket of ice water.. well duh, hot meat ice water= gross goopy mess. thrown in cooler for next day's chili. i used to love wendys baked tater and chili until he told me that. now i prefer to eat at home, fast food racks up calories, and bucks. but ( always a but, lol) the new bk things look yummy.
    That is weird about the chili... I agree, always a but!!!LOL I like to eat a fast food item here and there, I mean, life is worth living. You just have to know your limits. Thanks for the warning about the chili... I might ask next time I am getting the chili.....
  • Here are the stats on the BK baquettes.
    Santa Fe Fire-Grilled Chicken Baguette (380 cal/4 g fat/4 g fiber/56 g carbs) 7.5 WW points
    Savory Honey Mustard Chicken Baguette (380 cal/4.5 g fat/3 g fiber/57 g carbs) 7.5 WW points
    Smoky BBQ Chicken Baguette (380 cal/4 g fat/4 g fiber/57 g carbs) 7.5 WW points
    Gilled Chicken Caesar Club (480 cal/13 g fat/3 g fiber/55 g carbs) 10.5 WW points

Stats are from www.burgerking.com WW points are figured on the WW slide.