Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:24 AM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default budget healthy meals

this is my fav. 1/2 cup of brown rice 1/2 cup of mixed frozen veg. gravey powder pepper

boil the rice. brown rice is best higher in fiber than white and also is a more complex carb so you dont get such a drastic insuline spike. boil your veg.

drain rice through sive put back into pot. drain veg through sive saving water i.e into a jug. to this water add your gravey power and i like to add some black pepper just for the flavour. during the boiling of veg they lose alot of the nurtirents so by using the water you save as much as possible.

mix your rice veg and gravey add to bown and eat. lovely on cold day and very very cheap.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:28 AM   #2  

Hello slimmingsi...I will take about six skinless chicken breast and marinate in ref. with low-fat Italian dressing (less sugar)...for about three hours then bake..maybe add a little more dressing before baking. Put in sealed bowl in ref. and eat thru-out the week..

You could even take one..cut in strips..and add to the above..very yummy! and quick..and fairly cheap..makes lots of meals!

Also I was reading your old past journal and I think you are waaaay to hard on yourself. For you to say that 100 pounds is no big deal!..shame shame...IT IS FANTASTIC!!! It took alot of hard work and just think if you had not stuck to plan and pushed yourself to begin..you may have gained over this year?...and I also went on your website and saw your pictures..and you are in no way "ugly"..please don't let another girl tell you ..you are and believe her!!!!..100 pounds made a drastic difference!!!....

I know first hand what internal dialogue can do?....Practice postitive upbeat self-talk...Practice loving yourself first..then you will have more pride in yourself....and you will learn not to let others take it away from you...think of yourself even 50 pounds down more..and think how good you will look...YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO FIND TRUE LOVE...21?..you lucky thing! Good Luck and stay positive...IT DOES HELP.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:37 PM   #3  

They now have Worchestershire sauce for chicken and fish that's really good to marinate your chicken in.

We're from the south so we like to BBQ and when my husband fires up the grill I just put on one of my chicken breasts marinated in that and half of an onion and bellpepper. While they're eating their potato salad full of mayo I'm eating my chicken and veggies. Yummy!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 01:33 AM   #4  
it's always something

Oh yeah, Southern BBQ!

I love to grill a lot of chicken breasts, or smoke it, and freeze them individually. I sliver them for salads, sandwiches, etc. To save money - and time -, I buy the big bags of breasts at SamsClub and then I grill the whole lot.

Slimmingsi, WOW WOW WOW! You should be very proud! I just took a peek at your webpage, and you look great! Good for you for keeping that jumper, too, as a good way to remind yourself where you have been. Congratulations!
Closed Thread