3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Egg Beaters - South Western (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/32439-egg-beaters-south-western.html)

kari_berry 09-25-2003 12:33 PM

Egg Beaters - South Western

I just thought that I would recommend "Egg Beaters - South Western" flavor for the egg eaters out there.

Just about every morning I eat one scrambled egg, with my toast, (or flavored rice cake) and my fruit. Then I realized that when I ate that one little egg, I was consuming 6 grams of fat!

On the plan I am following, I am just watching my fat grams, calories, and sugar, so 6 grams for one egg just seemed like TOO much for me, plus I don't need the cholesteral (sp?).

When I first tried Egg Beaters years ago, I thought they were NASTY. They didn't have any particular flavors, just plain egg whites. Now they have South Western flavor and Garden Vegetable.

When I tried the South Western one, the first thought in my mind was WONDERFUL!!! There were real peppers in them, and it had a nice spicy taste, (not too spicy though). And to me, it tasted JUST LIKE a scrambled egg, but better.

You can find these in the grocery section next to the real eggs. They come in small cartons. It's DEFINATLY worth checking out if you like eggs.

funkmastermel77 09-25-2003 01:04 PM

kari:

i also LOVE egg beaters -- especially the garden veggie and the southwestern (although i havent been able to find it in a while).

the southwestern is great when you need a tabasco kick of a sort. and i love to make omlettes w/ the garden veggie one. i usually add spinach and mushrooms and a little low fat mozzerella.

the regular egg beaters i use if i want to add egg to my 'non-fried' fried rice. or ive also used them to bake cookies that came out pretty darn well (i used whole wheat flour and choc chips, nuts etc.) i find that if i bake with them, its best to let the dough solidify over night in the fridge... it lets the ingredients sit well to make a chewy, more flavorful cookie.

good luck.
mel

conway_1979 09-26-2003 01:48 PM

You might want to try this, and believe me, it is cheaper, although it does not sound like it is.

I will get 6 eggs, scramble JUST the whites for 5 and the whole 6th in a bowl. I make an omelette with these that is to die for. I dice a fresh tomato into the omelette, and some fresh basil. This is all I eat (usually takes a while, so on saturdays only) until an afternoon snack. It sounds like a lot of food, and it is, but it only has 260 calories in eggs, and the only fat comes from the one yolk. If you feel bad tossing the yolks, save them and use them for baking. I make cookies for the neighbors.

kari_berry 09-26-2003 04:26 PM

Thanks for the idea :) I never thought of doing that. I have quite a few *real* eggs left, so one morning I'll have to try it before I go work out. :)

Topaz 09-29-2003 11:26 AM

I don't think they sell the flavoured Egg Beaters where I live, at least I've not seen them yet. I buy egg whites in a carton and like to use one whole egg plus 3 whites -or however much I feel like having- for my favourite omelet, with onion, green pepper and salsa.

ZôôM++ZôôM 11-01-2003 04:18 PM

:) I did not know egg beaters came in different flavors. THANX!!
I live in a small town with only 1 grocery store and of course they do not sell the variety ones. I found them at Meijer. I loved the garden one.