Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Slow cooking for one

Any recommendations on a 3 vs 4 quart slow cooker when I just want to make a few servings? I have a larger one (I think it's 6 or 7 qts) that I use to make large batches of things to freeze, but I wanted to get a more manageable sized one.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #2  

I have this one and it's perfect for small batches for a dinner or 2. The only thing I wish it had was an auto shutoff timer but it wasn't a deal breaker.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007K9...&robot_redir=1
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastStraw323 View Post
I have this one and it's perfect for small batches for a dinner or 2. The only thing I wish it had was an auto shutoff timer but it wasn't a deal breaker.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007K9...&robot_redir=1
You can use a $5 timer and plug it into that to turn on or off when you choose. The same kind you would use for a lamp when you go on vacation.

I like to make large batches of things and freeze them in individual portions. That way I have all kinds of meals to choose from when I don't feel like cooking. Why do the work twice if I can do it once!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote