Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 192/165/130

Height: 5' 5''

For breakfast my go to is Oatmeal. This has already been mentioned but it really gets the job done for so many reasons.

Snacks I like deviled eggs with a mayo replacement.

A lot of my dinners revolve around beans/rice/chicken. I also love quinoa. Oh and kale. Now I'm hungry...
TinyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:59 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 294/ticker/240

Height: 6' 4"

Back in high school when I worked fast food, we used to use kale to fill in the unsightly gaps between the salad bar tubs. At the end of the night I would rinse off the dressing spilled on it and pick out garbanzo beans and bacon bits, then reuse the next day.

I didn't even know it was a real plant at first, it was so leathery and resilient, it felt fake. I don't think we ever changed the kale while I was there, it kept its color and texture the whole time. I assumed it was inedible, or at least the plant really doesn't want to be eaten, but now I hear of people enjoying it?

Maybe I need to try kale?
superfluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 224/174/160

Height: 5'8"

-Peanut butter and 1/2 banana as a snack work really well to hold me over between lunch and dinner. Not that caloric, just so long as you don't overdo it with the peanut butter (I usually will do 1 Tbsp).
-Miso soup!!! Miso is a weight loss dream food as it only contains around 56 calories per one ounce serving and only two grams of fat. A cup of miso soup is both satisfying and filling, since it has a high moisture content that curbs appetite and overeating.
-Not really a food, but green tea and coffee has great weight loss benefits, and appetite curbing properties.
-Avocado
-Eggs --> I'll usually only eat the whites, I try and limit myself to 3/4 yolks per week. Plus, the whites are super low calorie.

(Sorry if a lot of these have mentioned already!)
mariam892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #34  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I've only recently been on a popcorn kick. I bought kernels and make it in the microwave in a brown paper bag. Then I just put a tiny bit of olive oil, some salt...and HOT SAUCE! Holy cow, why hadn't I discovered this before? I am a hot sauce fiend, and it's a lot more low cal than butter. Mmm. Quite filling, too.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

Height: 5'10

Salad, All you can eat. Thats what i do when i'm feeling hungry. i sprinkle i in salt instead of dressing so that i don't get the added calories
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Persian cucumbers with trader joes Mediterranean hummus...
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #37  

Kidney beans, eggs, cottage cheese, bananas, tofu and bananas are some great foods to make you feel full whilst at the same time providing *relatively low* calories. Anything with fibre is great, as it provides bulk, helping you feel less hungry.
healthsomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #38  

Height: 5'3"

Superfluous,

-Eggs
-Bagels
-Ramen Noodles
-Peanut butter
-Apples
-Water, water, water, water

Best,
-Daniela
Daniela Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #39  

Height: 5'4"

My vote is for eggs. If I eat eggs for any meal, I am always too full to eat for hours. I use a combination of whole eggs and egg whites so it's healthier.
janby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #40  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I saute a ton of veggies in water and add them to my scrambled one egg and about three or four egg whites cooked with Pam spray. Fill up on the veggies!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #41  

Default glucommanan noodles with protein based sauce for flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfluous View Post
Hey,

I'm looking for foods that make you feel full and satisfied but don't have a lot of calories.

I have found tomato soup works very well for me. one bowl is 100 calories and feels like a lot, lot more. It feels like I've eaten a whole meal. Watermelon works too but it's harder to find this time of year.

What food works for you?
Sorry if this answer is in the wrong place, I have no idea how to respond to topics on my phone yet. SMH.

Anyway, I always put clients on glucommanan noodles and top it with a sweet or savory protein sauce with thermogenic ingredients.

It gets the job done quickly and efficiently.
DiamondinDenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Anything with good amount of protein/fat is what works for me. When I have a hungry day where I just feel like I need to eat and eat I really try to eat those things...eggs, nuts, bone broth, chef salad, deli meat with cheese... peanut butter also works but I have to watch because it is so calorie dense. I usually have two really hungry days a month (hormone induced due to cycle.) What I want is carbs, sugar and more carbs but, eating that gets me nowhere and I just want more, more, more especially on those specific two days of the month.

Last edited by mariposssa; 04-30-2015 at 09:34 PM.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #43  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for all the suggestions!
For me the killer foods are also bananas, soups and eggs.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Avocados, beans, and bananas. Not the lowest calorie foods, but when I eat them I am full for a loooong time, so the calories are worth it for me.

Rice and oats fill me up a lot too.

One of my favorite quick, easy (and cheap) meals is scrambled eggs with sauteed veggies. I put probably a cup of veggies (usually bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach) in two scrambled eggs and eat that for an english muffin. And eggs are great not just for breakfast!

Or sometimes I make a homemade burrito bowl with some brown rice, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and avocado (and sometimes chicken). I just have to make sure to watch the portion size on that one since it does have a lot of calories, but it fills me up fast and I feel satisfied for several hours afterwards.
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:05 AM   #45  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

Smoothies
Chicken
boiled eggs with salt
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote