Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default Chia seeds

I've been reading up on chia seeds and have been seeing loads on the internet about them. I just bought a small bag ( expensive little buggers) can you give me some good tasting EASY ways of having them? I've also looked into this but need real life testers. Don't want to experiment too much and waste £££ on combinations that aren't good tasting. Plus, I read they are also a good source of fiber?? My low glycemic diet and weight loss are causing an issue. Yes I'm drinking loads of water and trying to get reccomendations of daily fiber but lacking.

Last edited by cheddahcat; 08-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

I put chia seeds in smoothies - they thicken it up and add fiber and mega 3's. I like them in smoothies because the blender pulverizes them - otherwise they get stuck in my teeth and I hate that. So ne way to try would be take a smoothie recipe you already like and add the chia seed, plus a bit more ice or water than normal because they soak it up.

I've also made chocolate pudding with them (good taste but slightly slimy texture) and used them as an egg substitute in baking (works well, suggest pulverizing after soaking so they blend into your baked goods, unless you want the crunch). I liked them in my gluten free coconut flour chocolate chip cookies. I can post a recipe if you want.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Check out the website www.theyummyliife.com. She uses chia seeds in a few recipes. I am a fan of the overnight refrigerator oatmeal smoothie.

I also use them in baking. You can subsitute them in some recipes for eggs. You use one tablespoon of chia seeds and two tablespoons of water and let soak for 10 minutes. Then when it has thickened you can add to the batter. It won't work for all recipes, but I have I used them for Carrot, pumpkin, and banana muffins and they were all delicious.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

fadedbluejeans I would love the recipe. I'm getting bored now and need an oomph. Thanks so much!

mara thanks for the site. I'm definitely taking a look and finding some new yummy simple recipes

I love to cook but HATE experimenting with expensive ingredients OR buying 15+ ingredients for a recipe and not using the rest of ingredients for months and having to throw away. My job is demanding with long hours with on all nights and weekends. So for me time is an issue but doing the best I can
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #5  

You can make chia seeds pudding or smoothie with chia seeds. All you need is banana, almond milk, yogurt, chia seed, and almond cocoa butter. You can also use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or other fruits that you like. It is very healthy and delicious and I'm making this for my breakfast.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote