Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #1  

Default Picky eater here

Hi I'm new here and I desperately need help finding a diet to lose weight. I'm 5'5 and 165 pounds! I have the will and motivation to lose weight! My problem is I absolutely HATE veggies! All of them! I do eat some fruit but no veggies! I do not like them sautéed or hidden in other foods. I am desperate lol can anyone give me any ideas on how to lose weight without the veggies? Thank you for your time!!
christiadams13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #2  

You don't have to eat veggies to lose weight! Overall, the easiest & most sustainable way I've found to lose weight is to cut out processed food.

Low carb, low cal fruit provide fiber & fiber helps with weight loss and satiety, so great if you can eat them.

Btw there are so many different kinds of vegetables that it's hard to believe there wouldn't be one or two you would like, that you've just not had the opportunity to try. For example, jicama slices taste like a crispy pear & is great with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Roasted radishes taste like new potatoes. Both are super low calorie.

Because you don't have a lot to lose, your weight loss will be slower so please be patient

Good luck!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #3  

Thank you for your reply! Very helpful! But what kind of foods aren't processed?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiadams13 View Post
Thank you for your reply! Very helpful! But what kind of foods aren't processed?
I eat very little processed foods (and I usually the make the ones I do eat). If your great grandma wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it The processed foods I eat have 5 or less ingredients, no GMOS (corn syrup, etc.). The list is too long, but if you start researching a little on the internet, it doesn't take long to get a good idea of what's processed.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #5  

Great thanks Prariequeen! I'll do some research! What does your day in meals look like?
Old 03-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

My menu isn't always the same, I may have same thing for lunch or breakfast three or four days in a row and then not have it again for weeks. I usually post them here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ad-4-a-22.html

Not because they're great or interesting, but it keeps me honest I up the fresh veggies when my garden is producing as well.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-29-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Typo
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiadams13 View Post
Hi I'm new here and I desperately need help finding a diet to lose weight. I'm 5'5 and 165 pounds! I have the will and motivation to lose weight! My problem is I absolutely HATE veggies! All of them! I do eat some fruit but no veggies! I do not like them sautéed or hidden in other foods. I am desperate lol can anyone give me any ideas on how to lose weight without the veggies? Thank you for your time!!
Yes, veggies are an extremely healthy and low calorie option. If you truly can't find any vegetables (or way to make them) that you like I would turn to other high volume but low calorie options such as meal replacements and protein shakes.
healthylivingalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #8  

Awesome! I've thought about the shakes but do I use them in place of a meal? I'm not real sure how to use them
Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieQueen View Post
I eat very little processed foods (and I usually the make the ones I do eat). If your great grandma wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it The processed foods I eat have 5 or less ingredients, no GMOS (corn syrup, etc.). The list is too long, but if you start researching a little on the internet, it doesn't take long to get a good idea of what's processed.
Hey, do I hear another Michael Pollan fan here? I love his books, especially "Food Rules" where that quote came from.

As for the original post asking about veggies.... christiadams, I would encourage you to experiment a bit and try to have an open mind. Try new things and say "bye bye" to the attitude that you are not going to like them. I have taught myself to like a lot of things and now I am amazed that I did not like them before.

Yes, you can lose weight without eating veggies but you need them if you are going to be *healthy.*

As for what are "processed foods" - another Michael Pollan quote here... "If it grew on a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don't." If it was made in a plant it is a processed food.

Give it a try.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-30-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote