WASA Crisp Flat Bread

• Wasa Crisp Flat Bread comes in MANY flavors and very low in carbs and some only have 25 calories a slice.
  • I like these flat breads over the rest.. They have helped save me when I want something crunchy or something to eat when I didn't eat at work for odd reasons, but need a saver until dinner is cooked.. I use to eat light loaf breads, but back in Dec '02 I decided to stop eating loaf bread for 5 months... Now, it's easy for me to eat without loaf breads.. I tried the lo carb for a moment there after that, and didn't feel I missed anything while trying them so I gave up... I can find so many ways to utilize Wasa flat breads. Desert or something to hold many diff toppings. I also eat lo carb whole wheat tortilla's here and there as well...

Once in a great while, I may eat a hearth hardy bakery baked bread.. Once in a while along with a healthy stew...

Denise...
  • Hi Funkmastermel and Swan Lake!
    Lean eating salutations from Norway!
    When I saw your thread about Wasa knekkebrød or flatbread as you refer to it, I just had to read your comments. I live in Norway and Wasa is as common to us as Wonderbread is to Americans. It is completely taken for granted over here in Scandinavia. It's very light and healthy and is commonly eaten at breakfast. The most common way to eat Wasa knekkebrød is with thinly sliced cheese, liverpaste spread or jam. Most people eat a mild Gouda type of cheese which they top with a few elegant twisted cucumber slices and a tomato boat. Others prefer Brunost which is a carmelized brown cheese with a sweet flavor. A tsp of orange marmalade is often an added touch in the center. The very thin flatbrød accompanies stews and soups which is probably the type Swan Lake is referring to. I never really thought about eating them as snacks. They come in so many flavors today, but until the past 10 years, the selection was quite limited and only a few high fiber variations existed. Now they come with sesame seed, onion, cinnammon etc... Once, I tried a Wasa diet and lost 10 lbs / week by eating about 8 / day with healthy toppings.
    Glad you enjoy them in the states!
    Viking mom
  • Hi viking mom!!

Here in Minnesota, we only just have the plain Wasa flatbreads.. I would love to try the flavored ones..

I, to, eat them with cheese, jams, creame cheeses and some thin deli meats..

I like butter on them, which I do with a think coating or a 0 cal butter spray, and jam or peanut butter..

Denise...
  • We used to buy Wasa as well, and still do on occasion. However, we've now switched to Kavli. Great flavors, and only 50 calories for three.