Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

Default What Foods are A Must....

What foods are a must have in your kitchen? I'm just starting on this journey and my fridge and cupboards are used to holding crap foods haha. Kale and Chicken are the only things I have on hand always right now that are healthy. I'm making my shopping list and right now Im like. UHHHHH fruits and veggies! Need some specifics! lol
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #2  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

greek yogurt, eggs raspberries, oranges, lemon (for lemon water if you like it), spinach
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

greek yougurt I have been realizing has alot more uses then just to eat as is! I never realized it.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Frozen fruit blends with no sugar added for smoothies, baby spinach, broccoli, chicken sausage, brown rice and/or quinoa are some of my staples. For snacks, I like rf string cheese, nuts (almonds and walnuts right now) and popcorn.
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #5  
diamondgeog

Totally depends upon your Way of Eating or WOE. My WOE is low carb high fat, no grains, dairy is good (but not yougart and milk for the most part).

That being said I will do some 'generic' 'must haves'. Eggs, great, filling, healthy. Avocado (filling, good fat). Coconut oil. MUST have for me. It is our go to cooking oil and I just eat it straight. Any vegetable oil, margarine I would personally trash it, way too high in omega 6. Exception olive oil not cooked with.

Some dark greens, spinach is mild to me, kale if you like it. Personally new for me macadamia nuts. Great source of fat and so filling they are cheap as I don't eat much. Dark chocolate, 85% plus coca if you wish and can handle eating it moderately.

Grass fed butter. Awesome superfood.

I am moving away from most fruits. Dr. Lustig has a lot about fructose. In any case experiment. I don't eat bananas anymore for instance and I am very mild in other fruits. Lots of berries are fairly good on carbs. I personally would never do a smoothie anymore. All that pulp, or most of it, is fiber. Not a good idea. And fruit juice is totally out in our house.

I've become very cautious with fruits. We always have mushrooms, broc, carrots, tomatoes in our house.

Oh lots of cheese in our house. Willing to spend more on grass fed cheese. Very tasty, filling, and good for me.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 04-10-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

pastured eggs, broccoli, asparagus, onions... The first 100 pounds or so I ate a lot of cheese, but I'm cutting back because I think it's stalling me.

Lamb. I can easily get bored with pork and beef, but I love the taste of lamb. Actually just bought a whole one and very much looking forward to always having it in the freezer.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote