Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1  
Pink Leopard Power

S/C/G: 351.2/ticker/185

Height: 6'0

Default Quest Bars

Has anyone tried Quest bars? I just ordered a variety pack of 12. They have 18g of fiber, 20g protein, no sugar - stevia and erythrol and lo han go (sp??). I've always been in the "protein bars are candy bars" club but I'm impressed with these.

So I've tried 3 of them so far. Coconut Cashew is my favorite, it tastes like the inside of a mounds bar. YUM. PB & Choc is average. I just had the PB&Jelly and thought it was disgusting.
JollyGreenSteen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #2  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Best protein source for quality, fewest ingredients, low carb.
I love them!

Cinnamon Roll, Strawberry Shortcake, and Vanilla Almond are my faves.
Least fave is Lemon
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

How did I not know of these before now?

I've seen the name floating around and finally decided to check them out. I LOVE that they are much better in ingredients than atkins AND higher protein. Yay!!!

So... anyone else have recommendations on flavors?

And seriously, how can they pack so much with so few calories? I've thought about making my own protein snacks and man....they would be WAY more caloric no matter if I used not flours or whey proteins. My muscle milk has 16grams of protein for 150 calories. (but it also has added fats). Hmmm... maybe there's better whey powders for making snacks - that's for another post though!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #4  

I just discovered these recently. I ordered one of every flavor, and I got them the day after ordering them (Their headquarters is only a few miles away from where I live) Woohoo!! I've only had 1 so far - the banana nut muffin. It was delicious! I'm having the mixed berry for lunch later.
tacocat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #5  
Pink Leopard Power

The only two I haven't eaten yet are banana nut muffin and lemon. My personal favorite was coconut cashew. Yummy. I haven't liked any of them but that enough to have an entire 12 pack to eat.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I just started looking into these last night since an ad popped up for them on my facebook feed (with Jason Alexander ). I'm hoping that my local GNC's carry them before I have to resort to ordering online.

I've been picking these up from Walmart but I've been looking for a little variety. I had gotten used to Atkins bars but found I like the Pure Protein ones a lot better. I'm hoping I'll like the Quest bars too! I do my best to avoid added sugar so I think I'll be happy as long as they're edible.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #7  
Pink Leopard Power

Yeah, but they definitely aren't as good as other protein bars IMO. I hope your GNC carries them so you can try them - there is a variety pack on quest's website. I mean they have a unique aftertaste and texture, but overall I though they were good considering all the benefits I try to avoid sugar as much as possible, when I have sugar I want it to be a treat not in my protein bar!!

My mom ordered some, I'm not sure from where, but we got them and they were hard as a rock. Really gross. The ones I got are fairly chewy.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyGreenSteen19 View Post
Yeah, but they definitely aren't as good as other protein bars IMO.
What are your favorites? I actually haven't tried a lot of different kinds yet. If my GNC's (or other local health food stores) don't have the Quest ones I'll probably order that variety pack.

I sort of went with Atkins bars on a whim; I occasionally make protein smoothies with frozen berries, greek yogurt, and spinach for breakfast, and wanted another protein option that would be easy in a pinch (more often than not I do try to have "real" food though, like eggs ). Anyway, I knew Atkins would at least be low in sugar so I thought I'd give the different varieties a try.

I ended up liking the cookie dough quite a bit, even though they really didn't taste like cookie dough to me. And it seemed every time I looked at other kinds of bars the sugar grams were much higher than what I wanted. I was excited when I discovered the Pure Protein ones and saw that they were also relatively low in sugar, especially once I realized the texture was so different (softer) than what Atkins offers. Probably not to everyone's tastes, but I like the Chocolate Deluxe and the S'mores, although I'd almost swear that the latter has sort of an alcohol taste to it. There are other flavors I've been keeping an eye out for; some I've seen sold individually and others I've only seen on the website.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #9  
Pink Leopard Power

I guess I'm not saying they are bad, but they definitely don't have the candy bar layout that other protein bars too (chocolate cover, nougat inside, crunchy inside, etc). I do like the cinnamon roll, coconut cashew, peanut butter chocolate. I think the only bad one I couldn't finish was the PB&J one. Oh it was awful. But everyone has different tastes so I encourage you to go on your own taste testing journey haha

I really liked Zone Perfect bars, but they have lots of sugar and carbs in them. They were a good emergency to go snack though. My favorite was Chocolate Mint and Fudge Graham.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I spend like $40 a month on Quest bars, totally worth it. The chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate brownie are like the real thing! I prefer the non fruity ones.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #11  

I hit a local nutrition store just down the street before hitting the mall for GNC. They had a nice selection! For the time being I just grabbed one each of Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, and Apple Pie. They were $2.50 per bar (ouch), but eh, what the heck. If they're worth it to me I'll definitely go back for more flavors! Then I went to GNC and saw they had them as well, but they were something like $2.76 each. But they have a special deal right now if you buy three, you get one free. So if I like these enough I'll definitely go back to GNC as long as they have the special going.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #12  

OMG, these things are my new best friend!

I tried each of the ones from my initial purchase, one per day. The first bite or two of each flavor is kind of odd, but they definitely grew on me and I was in love by the time I got to the last bites. I've already gone back for more to try some of the other flavors.

I read somewhere to try putting them in the microwave for a short time. I did ten seconds on the apple pie and it was awesome.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I'd given up on protein bars a while ago because they seemed like such junk, but these look great.

How are you all using these bars - meal replacement, snacks, alternative to desserts when you have a craving?
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #14  
Pink Leopard Power

I've been having them as a morning snack, emergency snack in my purse, post work out snack. I don't really do meal replacement bars just cause I don't feel like they fill me up and then I'm in trouble later.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #15  

I was using them as a breakfast replacement, allowing me to have more calories later in the day. Since I realized I'm pregnant, I'm using them for snacks to up my overall calories a little.