No-dough pizza

• As it is, this is a rather rich and fattening recipe but I think it could be altered to be much more diet-friendly. You could either do a full veggie version and leave off meat entirely, or use turkey pepperoni. You could also use either low fat or fat-free cream cheese and topping cheese. I've tried Kraft's fat-free shredded mozarella and it was great. A little slice of this with a salad would be great. I love finding recipes and creating ways to make them healthier.

CRUST

1-8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
    2 large eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese

TOPPINGS

1/2 c pizza sauce
    1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers or any toppings of your choice
    garlic powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Let cool about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
  • There are a number of low carb recipes on the internet that use cauliflower or even zucchini. Much better calorie and fiber wise than cream cheese.
  • Thanks for the suggestion Tommy! There is now also Greek Cream Cheese made from greek yogurt. It has the health benefit of extra protein. I haven't tried it yet, so not sure how it tastes.
  • Thanks for sharing this one!!