Show me your lunch!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think it'd be fun to share some photos of what we eat daily for lunch, or breakfast or dinner, or whatever meal you feel is full of nutrition and fits within your diet of choice.

I made this the other day and I thought it was so pretty and tasty. It's carrots that were lightly steamed and then roasted with cumin/corriander/olive oil/cayenne, tossed with bitter radicchio, avocado, sunflower seeds, and dressed with lemon vinegraitte. It was perfect along side leftover chicken breast.

• WBS, that side dish is inspirational!

F.
  • That's a lovely dish, looks and sounds so YUM!
  • I always thought it'd be a cool idea to have a social network/ pic app just for people wanting to be accountable for their diet. So, it would be like instagram, but all food. Every time you ate, you would snap a pic. I think that would wake a lot of people up. Plus it would give others inspiration on what's working for you, your serving size, recipes, etc. The way it's set up now, it's pretty inconvenient to take a pic then download to computer, then post. :/ That dish does look yummy!
    Today, as we speak, I'm eating a dynamite chicken salad over lettuce from a local café. Friday's my splurge lunch. Usually, I buy lunch supplies for the week on Monday, keep in office mini-fridge and make my own salads M-Th. I use organic spring mix greens and top with my faves like shaved turkey, bacon bits (real bacon), olives and nuts. Then by Friday, my stash has dwindled and I'm ready for takeout.
  • I also wash and cut carrots and/ or peppers, cucumbers on Sunday to eat for the week. I take a whole basket of carrots and wash them in vinegar/ water, peel, cut and fill up a couple of Rubbermaid containers. I bring those to work with me along with a few single size hummus packs, and I'm set for snacks. Oh, and almonds!!!! I might turn into one I eat so many! Yum!

• Frozen salmon (cooked obviously), squash, mushrooms, kale/spinach bagged mix, red onion, tomatoes, brown rice, dill, garlic, gorgonzola cheese
  • This is my latest lunch photo from a few days ago, made with cauliflower crust (I added broccoli to it as well). It's just topped with sauce, cheese, and spinach.

• Ladies these look wonderful!

• and

with

Thought I'd throw a treat lunch in the mix. >_< lawl
  • I've been hearing a lot about the cauliflower crust, does it really hold up in texture the same way real crust does or does it fall apart?
  • WBS that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it amazing what herbs and spices can do to add a delicious kick to veggies?!?

Elladorine- tell me more about this cauliflower crust!!
  • I love the photos! My net nanny makes uploading photos difficult. Otherwise I would definitely join in. Eating Thai chicken quinoa salad for lunch.
  • Quote: I've been hearing a lot about the cauliflower crust, does it really hold up in texture the same way real crust does or does it fall apart?
    Quote: Elladorine- tell me more about this cauliflower crust!!
    It does have a different texture than a regular crust but it holds together fine. Here's a photo of my first attempt, you can see how a slice holds up:

There are all sorts of recipes online, I read through several and just sort of did my own version. Basically I take a cup of shredded cauliflower (which can be done with a cheese grater or food processor), cook it for a couple of minutes in the microwave, and when it's cool enough to work with add a cup of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) and one egg. This is the batter for the crust, which can be seasoned before baking. I formed and baked it on parchment paper (although a greased pan should work fine) for about 20 minutes in a preheated 450 oven. Once it's cool enough to work with, top as you like and bake it in a 350 oven for an additional 8 minutes.
  • Quote: It does have a different texture than a regular crust but it holds together fine. Here's a photo of my first attempt, you can see how a slice holds up:

There are all sorts of recipes online, I read through several and just sort of did my own version. Basically I take a cup of shredded cauliflower (which can be done with a cheese grater or food processor), cook it for a couple of minutes in the microwave, and when it's cool enough to work with add a cup of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella) and one egg. This is the batter for the crust, which can be seasoned before baking. I formed and baked it on parchment paper (although a greased pan should work fine) for about 20 minutes in a preheated 450 oven. Once it's cool enough to work with, top as you like and bake it in a 350 oven for an additional 8 minutes.
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds simple enough, I'll give it a try
  • Dieting is not difficult.

This is why:

My lunch...salad with pan-seared scallops, pickled garlic, hummus, spinach and artichoke cheese dip, tsatsiki, small piece of lunch herring, 4 salted anchovies (soaked to lower the sodium), corn, kidney beans, lettuce, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, blueberries, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled onion.