Which is the best option...

• So I'm going out to dinner with the girls on Tuesday and trying to plan ahead on what to order. I'm planning to splurge, but trying to decide which options are less, ugh, splurgy. So I seek your wise guidance on what you think would be the wiser options (there's no nutrition info on the website):

Generally, would you expect a turkey burger or grilled chicken sandwich to be healthier (same topping on both)?

Also, which do you think would be the best option out of regular fries, sweet potato fries, or tots?
  • Usually a grilled chicken breast will be the better choice. Turkey burgers tend to contain the skin, which makes the fat and calories a lot higher. As for the side, I would suggest sweet potato fries. The calories will likely be pretty close with all of them, but you get a lot of vitamins from sweet potatoes.

However, if you have the choice of a side salad, baked potato, or veggies instead, it would be best for your waistline to choose one of those. I know how hard it is to say no to fries though. They're my absolute favorite food.
  • Agreed that the grilled chicken is probably the lower calorie choice. For a once in a while outing I find that it is much much better to get what you really want, eat it slowly, really enjoy it and not fret. Otherwise, for example, if you go with sweet potato fries when your massive craving is for tots - you will be obsessing about the tots later and end up sabotaging yourself. Have you considered asking for some combination of the potatoes - a few of each. Can't hurt to ask; not like you are asking them to cook something specially or differently - just a plate assembly issue. Also consider eating either just the top or the bottom of the bread and using a knife and fork. Less messy and cuts the white carbs in half.
  • Sweet potato fries are lower on the glycemic index. I'd go for them.

livestrong.com/article/504216-glycemic-index-for-sweet-potatoes-vs-regular-potatoes/
  • Thanks for the input guys.

Psychic- they actually do not have a salad or healthy veggie side. Can you believe it?! I thought you could get a side salad anywhere.