Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Default Tea?!

I am now starting to discover the pleasant different types of tea there are out there. Until recently, my only way of drinking tea was iced and sweet (usually Luzziane ).

Are you a tea drinker? What do you put in it (if anything at all)? Hot or cold? What are your favorite kinds?
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #2  

We have the most amazing tea that is indigenous to my country, it has so many heath benefits and it is my favorite tea to drink. It is called rooibos and it has a naturally sweet taste.

I usually like it with a little brown sugar / honey (honey is better but I tend to want to use more of it) and milk. Lately I have been drinking soy milk more but it is really good with cows milk. It is also great for making iced tea with, I mix a little lemon or grape juice with it and a bit of brown sugar or honey again.

I'm also starting to discover how great loose tea can be. I just wish I didn't have to have some kind of milk in it but I can't drink it black. If you can find it give the rooibos a try. Good luck and happy tea time.
j9nightelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #3  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

It wouldn't let me post the link in my last post, but here it is now.
j9nightelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually thought I hated Roobios tea until I tried the Mango Chili Green Roobios tea from Republic of tea. I guess I like green roobios but not red.

I love all sorts of teas. Green tea, black tea, white tea, etc. I'm not a big fan of the fruity blends with my green/black/white teas except for a orange blossom white tea from the Republic of Tea. That is pretty good stuff.

I do like herbals though. Celestial seasonings is good for herbal teas if you haven't tried them. I don't put anything in my teas and mostly drink them cold but sometimes hot.

The only exception is I will put some unsweetened soy milk and stevia in Chai tea once in a while but I don't drink it often.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I really like the taste of the Yogi Detox tea. I don't know what it is about it... but I'm totally addicted to it! It's spicy and mildly sweet on it's own... and yummy!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

I drink a lot of tea and so do my adult daughters (22 and 20), so we have at least a dozen available at all times (I have two tea storage boxes with six compartments each). I only drink ones that taste good (to me!) black, as I do not want to have to put honey/sugar/lemon/cream/whatever in it. And I usually stick to brands that I can get locally at Target or the supermarket. Sometimes I will have something fabulous at a friend's house but I can never find it near me!

I start every morning with plain old Lipton. I just like the flavor! My 2 other favorite caffeinated teas are Twinings Lady Grey (not as strong as Earl Grey) and Yogi Blueberry Slim-Life Green Tea (just fruity enough). For decaf I like Bigelow Ginger Snappish (Ginger with lemon) and Yogi Throat Coat (honestly, this one is an acquired taste. I hated it at first as it is sort of liquorishy but I grew to love it!). But I like having that variety, as there are days I want something really strong or really delicate, kwim?

I like the Lipton Cold Brew bags for unsweetened iced tea. It is super easy to make! Sometimes I will add a few bags of Celestial Seasonings raspberry to brighten it up a bit - yummy! And I leave the bags in for several hours, even though the box says like 15 minues!

We have a few loose teas and a tea ball strainer...but I can't be bothered as I do not like the extra clean up. My daughters like it though.

Have fun trying out different flavors! I think of it as an inexpensive luxury. And, if you try a flavor that you don't care for, you can toss it without feeling too guilty!

Last edited by sparks17; 06-09-2013 at 07:28 AM.
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

My favorites are Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red Rooibos, Cinnamon Apple Spice, True Blueberry, Peppermint, Chocolate Raspberry. I also love their seasonal tea's ( available during Christmas time ), Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, Gingerbread Spice and Candy Cane Lane. I add a splash of heavy cream. Yummmm!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/117 HW - 174

Height: 5 1

I stumbled upon a tea Friday night that gave me quite a jolt...woke me up and got me laughing. I found out the next day it was the mate in the tea. Numi Mate Lemon tea. Yesterday bought the Exotic iced tea set from Teavana (you will see the set on Teavana's home page). It was on sale in store for 20 off There is one tea that has mate in it. Of course had to have that one in an iced tea before I left the store.

Last edited by Josiee; 06-09-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Josiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh and I forgot to mention, one of the best teas I've ever had is Orange Dulce from Mighty leaf. I said in general I don't like fruit flavored teas but it is different, it is pretty darn good
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 10.5"

Those all sound wonderful! I have had some Celestial tea and I do really enjoy the peppermint with nothing added. I haven't gotten too brave with tea as no one I know drinks it so I haven't tasted many kinds.

I picked up a box of Twinning's English Breakfast Tea because of a recommendation from a friend. It's actually not bad with a little bit of milk and sugar in it. I think I may definitely try some of the kinds you guys mentioned (especially Chocolate Raspberry )
sosurreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #11  

I drink iced tea most of the time and always have at least one pitcher in the fridge. The current winners are English Breakfast that has some kumquat slices in the pitcher (adds just a hint of floral & citrus). When peaches are in season I like to slice a ripe one into the pitcher. On the herbal side I currently have a lemon verbena pitcher with some loquat slices. I just take a handful of leaves from my plant and pour boiling water over them, steep about 15 minutes and then dilute to taste. Tea if fun. I enjoy the same teas as hot, but am usually running around and find the iced tea more refreshing and portable.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #12  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Lipton Cold Brew with some sugar in it everyday. I am a die hard fan of sweet southern cold tea.

But seriously, I'm like you...I really need to branch out on teas and see what else is out there. Wish there was a tea tasting like they do with the wine tastings....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I love tea and drink it throughout the day, but I'm British so I guess it comes with the territory . I'm not so much into herbal teas, I'll sometimes drink peppermint tea when I'm in the mood but not often. Hot black tea with just a little milk and no sugar is my favorite, although I've become very American and love iced tea now, after thinking it was the craziest idea ever when I first came to the US. Iced tea has to be sweet though, never unsweetened.
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #14  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Recently, I have taken a liking to black decaf tea with some half & half, sweetener and some pumpkin pie spice, sometimes some vanilla extract. So good!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Where have I been? I only know about southern sweet iced tea, which I've done without because of the sugar.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote