Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/187/150

Height: 5'7

Default Egg intolerance.

I've been a vegan for almost two years and I would like to start eating eggs again. The problem is, is that I've developed an intolerance to them. I can't eat them on their own because they really upset my stomach so I want to start by eating them in other foods. Does anybody have this problem? If so were you able to fix and to what extent? Also, how did you fix it?
Haileescomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I have no had that happen to me as I haven't given anything (other than sweets) up for any length of time. I'd start by using just egg whites from the carton.

As far as dishes to prepare them in, I might not be best of help. I generally eat my eggs scrambled, in an omelette, quiches, egg salad. That sort of thing. However I'm sure someone else would have some insight.

I guess the main reason I answered is to say that I think personally, starting with just the whites might make the transition a bit easier.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/187/150

Height: 5'7

I'm not trying to make my body eat, but I know from other foods that I had a slight intolerance to got better once I brought them back into my diet. If my body doesn't like eggs then I'll just stay away from them. I do think they are really healthy, though, and would at least like to try them again.

Thanks Remington90! Using just the whites would be a better option for starting out.
Haileescomet is offline   Reply With Quote