Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #1  
~ I Know I Can ~

Smile Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes

While staying up north with my cousin for the last week, we have been sticking to plan WONDERFULLY. She has lost an amazing 12 lbs so far, and we are working together to keep off the lbs. Here are a few recipes we thought of while digging through the fridge for healthy stuff.

Salsa Chicken

Chicken Breasts (however many you will need)
1 Jar any type of chunky salsa

Pre-heat oven to 375
Place the chicken breast in a deep baking dish, dump jar of salsa over chicken. Place in oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until done, and serve with any other side dish that suits your meal. Easy eh? And DELICIOUS!

Cooking times may vary

Bold Chicken

1 large container of "Ortega Thick and Smooth" taco sauce. (We used the mild kind, gave it a good taste)
Fat Free or Low Fat Shredded Cheese (which ever flavor you prefer)

Pre-heat oven to 375
Place chicken in a deep baking dish. Poor a good amount of the taco sauce over the top of each chicken, and bake 35 minutes. Take out the pan with chicken, sprinkle a nice amount of shredded cheese on top of the chicken and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.

Cooking times may vary.

Pineapple Chicken

1 can of pineapple rings "in it's own natural juice".

Pre-heat oven to 375
Place chicken in a baking dish. Place two rings of pineapple atop each chicken breast. Poor some pineapple juice from the can over each chicken breast. Place in oven, and bake 40 - 45 minutes or until done.

Cooking times may vary

I hope you enjoy these as much as we have. They are just quick, easy dinners, and usually stay under 7 grams of fat!
Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Chicas y chicos, I am soooo unbelieveably addicted to Chinese food, and I found this recipe in one of the diet magazines I bought at the store last week. I just tried it tonight, and it is GREAT! Here's the recipe, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to make:

4 oz. cubed skinless chicken breast (or you can do like I did and just buy one box of the Tyson Time Trimmers chicken already done, take out half of it because one box equals 9 oz., and you just have to heat it up in the pan)

1/4 cup chopped broccoli

1/4 cup chopped celery

**Cook those 3 things together in a pan til the vegetables are kinda tender but still crispy, then add:

1/4 cup salsa (I used the chunky mild Rotel salsa)

1/8 cup apricot preserves.

Stir those in til basically everything is covered, then turn the heat off and get a plate out and eat it. This recipe is only for one serving:-)
Old 06-03-2003, 07:49 PM   #3  
~ I Know I Can ~

Default Yummm

That sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing that recipe, I am going to try it soon!

I have never heard of the Tyson Time Trimmers. I will have to search for those at the store! (I hate cooking chicken) lol
Closed Thread