3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Pizza

Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
I love tea!

S/C/G: 296.4/173.4/155

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia3 View Post
I wasn't saying all pizza is junk, but the one I ate that evening certainly was. I'm just realizing how disgusting fast foods really are, they're toxic. I will definitely be making my own homemade pizza the next time I'm in the mood for pizza Thank you for that recipe amandie. That chicken pizza you just described sounds soo good
Yes, sorry, I do know you didn't mean all pizza is junk. I just have noticed on these boards in general, that a lot of perfectly acceptable foods get sort of demonized because they may be more difficult to fit into a plan. I get particularly perturbed when it's food that I regularly incorporate into my diet.

Along that same vein, I find that ice cream makes me sick to my stomach and haven't had it for a year. I've replaced it with banana soft serve that doesn't make me sick. However, I'm not saying that ice cream is horrible for you. In large quantities it is but it's a treat. It's meant to be enjoyed only occasionally!

I still eat fast food too! I can fit it into my plan a-ok and sometimes, I just want some chicken nuggets even though I may feel less than optimal a couple hours later! Ha ha ha.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

I haven't gotten far enough into my plan to get sick from eating a Snickers or anything - but I know what you're talking about. Our bodies are amazing in how they adapt!

But speaking of pizza - I made one last week with a Cauliflower Crust. It def hit the spot! But now that I can eat some whole grains - I'll prob go the flatbread route.

Pizza Hut pizza literally makes me ill - not just the greasiness, but the morning after I eat, I wake up completely congested! Wth are they putting in there?

I'm not someone with immunity issues or even allergies! This has only been happening in the last three years or so...
Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #18

S/C/G: 171/165/115

Height: 5'4

Well, I love pizza, but I can't really eat it on a diet because I don't just have "one slice" lol. I really can't even be near it. The only thing bad it does to me is a cause a breakout the next day.
Still, a healthy pizza idea is getting low carb wraps(mission carb control are good), putting in a couple slices mozzarella, oregano and basil, along with peppers & mushrooms or whatever you like, and tomatoes. You can wrap them up or lay them flat -- warning though, they can get watery and messy if you use fresh tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, like I do. You can cook the tomatoes first, so that might help.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #19

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

This happens to me as well. In a sense I'm glad it "goes right through me", in my head (which I know isn't the case, oh well) I think that since it comes out so quickly after eating, all the bad stuff musnt really be staying in my system. haha , oh ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Fast food such as McDonalds does this the most for me.

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" Phil 4:13
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #20

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I can relate, but in the other direction. Before I started eating healthy I had constant digestive issues, this is probably tmi, but I had lots of gas, cramping, etc. I always thought that's just the way I am. A week or two into eating healthy and it dawned on me, I can't remember the last time I farted. lol I am also a lot more uh consistent. haha

A couple days ago I needed a boost of caffeine so I caved and had a red bull, one of my biggest weaknesses. Never again. The caffeine doesn't bother me, but the sugar crash had me feeling sick, jittery, and weak. By the time I got home I was scrambling for food like a junkie.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #21

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I find I can't eat a lot of crap now....anything fried...anything cheese...anything pork (actually, that was always there. Something about a food allergy.) The list goes on and on and on. At first, I thought it was related to having my gallbladder removed, but then I realized nope...its the junk. Or maybe both. I dunno. I just steer clear of the junk now regardless.

Stage 1: Mini Goal 1: 265 pounds - complete 1/12/13; Mini Goal 2: 250 pounds - complete 4/17/13; Mini Goal 3: 225 pounds - completed 10/21/13
Stage 2: Moderate Obesity BMI - completed 11/26/13; ONDERLAND; Overweight BMI
Stage 3: work in progress

One for every 10 pounds lost:
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 300/293/150

Height: 5'2

I only eat fast food once a week and I go to a sit down restaurant in the same week, I only have a pizza once a month cause mom says its the worst thing I can eat on my diet
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.