3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Chobani Greek yogurt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/279077-chobani-greek-yogurt.html)

Quirky Chick 04-04-2013 02:36 PM

Chobani Greek yogurt

I have recently gotten Chobani raspberry yogurt with dark chocolate chips. It was surprisingly good. I first thought it might be a bit bitter since dark chocolate can be, and with it being fat free Greek yogurt only containing 100 calories. It's actually pretty yummy. I think the raspberry evens it out with some sweetness, so you can taste the chocolate, but it doesn't really taste bitter. I have been trying to stay pretty strict with my diet, but this gives me a little treat without feeling highly guilty later.

Have any of you tried it, or their other flavors? I haven't tried any others yet, and want to; some of them sound kind of good, but I am unsure whether I'd like them or not :dizzy: lol

summerkate83 04-04-2013 02:54 PM

I've found the vanilla one to taste a little sour/tart, but I LOVE the blueberry ones! Makes me want some right now! I haven't had the raspberry chocolate, but I've heard very good things, and want to try it as soon as I see it in the store!!

Novus 04-04-2013 07:50 PM

I've tried the banana and the blueberry and thought both were waaaaaay too sweet. I'd rather buy plain yogurt and add my own fruit. The texture of Chobani is awesome though!

ChickieChicks 04-04-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novus (Post 4694317)
I've tried the banana and the blueberry and thought both were waaaaaay too sweet. I'd rather buy plain yogurt and add my own fruit. The texture of Chobani is awesome though!

This exactly!!

Just too much of the sweet stuff for me. I make my own jam, so if am basically going to add fruit and sugar, I'd rather buy the plain yogurt and add just a dab of my jam. :-)

L J 04-04-2013 09:17 PM

I buy the vanilla in the big container and stir 1 TBSP peanut butter into 1/2c yogurt. It is amazing! Best diet dessert ever. It feels and tastes like mousse.

Misti in Seattle 04-04-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L J (Post 4694392)
I buy the vanilla in the big container and stir 1 TBSP peanut butter into 1/2c yogurt. It is amazing! Best diet dessert ever. It feels and tastes like mousse.

I buy the vanilla in big container too although I much prefer Zoi over Chobani. But I had not thought about the peanut butter... I'll have to give it a try!!!

Keep Moving Forward 04-04-2013 11:02 PM

I love Chobani! I haven't seen the raspberry with dark chocolate, sounds yummy! I usually go for the blueberry but I recently tried the apple cinnamon & it was pretty good.

krampus 04-05-2013 11:25 AM

The Chobani Key Lime Crumble "Flip" is one of my favorites.

For daily consumption I prefer Fage 2% Total plain.

Quirky Chick 04-05-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4694947)
For daily consumption I prefer Fage 2% Total plain.

I haven't been eating the Chobani daily - more like 3 over the period of the last week. I do love Fage, and the Fage with honey is awesome. But I do live on a budget at the moment, so I honestly can't afford Fage daily; it's probably the most expensive yogurt in the store here.

I will have to see if they have the key lime. I think what I saw was: passion fruit, pineapple caramel, pomegranate, fig orange, coffee dark chocolate, mango, pear, and blueberry

Quirky Chick 04-13-2013 10:10 AM

Update: I tried the carmel with little pieces of pineapple, and it was not good. I don't know if it was just the yogurt, or if it was left out of refrigeration somehow and went bad. It was very bitter. It tasted like butterscotch that someone forgot to add sugar to. My mother tried blueberry and pear, and she said those were good.

Katie816 04-23-2013 01:53 AM

Apple cinnamon is amazing. Raspberry comes in a close second.

SoMuchFattitude 04-23-2013 07:55 AM

The Chobani Coffee w/ Chocolate Chips is off the chain.

seaurchin 04-25-2013 08:18 PM

pineapple is my favorite! Apple Cin is a close second!

saintlouisgal1978 04-26-2013 01:07 AM

I prefer the black cherry and the blueberry. At almost 15g of protein for 140-160 calories, you can't beat the satiety. (oops ... and banana is awesome too!)

mimsyborogoves 04-26-2013 09:06 AM

The passion fruit kind is disgusting. Not a fan of the honey flavor either. Chobani is very hit or miss with me; the fruit flavors like peach, blueberry, pineapple, etc are good but some of those funky fruits or off the wall flavors are questionable. I can't stomach a lot of the plain greek yogurt either -- I don't see how y'all do it!

I like Yoplait Greek, Dannon Light & Fit Greek (only 80 cals! What!), and Oikos. They have a better texture and they aren't so tart in flavor.