3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

what are your favorite healthy/junk snack foods?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Alyssa Autopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new jersey
Posts: 787

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default what are your favorite healthy/junk snack foods?

healthy
i love tuna (in water of course) with some olive oil mayo on cucumber slices,
and honey yoghurt (no hfcs or aspartame) with home-cooked berries.

the tuna is only 205 calories for a full can, 1 tbsp of mayo, and the cucumbers,
and the yoghurt is 1/2 cup with 1 tbsp berries for a total of 100 calories.


junk
ramen is probably my biggest comfort food, but is 380 calories for one package.
my second biggest is chocolate, but i've been getting dark hershey kisses and 5 are only 128.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Em Coconut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 243

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Default

Healthy:
Baby carrots! I love them. And they give me that crunch I usually want when I feel like snacking. I also love almonds and hazel nuts, but I have to be careful with them as they're very rich in calories.

Junk:
Potato chips, loaded potato skins and chocolate glazed donuts...
__________________


Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
beachluvr79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 258

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Default

hummus and pretzel crisps
__________________
Wedding Goal June 22, 2013

280K By National Jelly Bean Day
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Member
 
Nzgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 44

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

Default

Hummus and water crackers. Yum!
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Alyssa Autopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new jersey
Posts: 787

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Coconut View Post
Healthy:
Baby carrots! I love them. And they give me that crunch I usually want when I feel like snacking. I also love almonds and hazel nuts, but I have to be careful with them as they're very rich in calories.

Junk:
Potato chips, loaded potato skins and chocolate glazed donuts...
omfg loaded potato skins *droooooool*
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)
 
mimsyborogoves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,184

S/C/G: HW:278/SW:241/CW:157/GW:145

Height: 5'4

Default

Healthy snack? Fresh apples . Unhealthy? You name it, I probably like it lol
__________________
Back at it temporarily!




I have a blog! Check it out!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Skinnygirldreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 254

S/C/G: 211/208/150

Height: 5'7

Default

Healthy snack: cottage cheese w/ tomato and pepper, hummus and air crisps (25 chips for like 140 calories best i've found to help that chip craving) fruit and lowfat yogurt.

Junk: Anything salty or spicy pretty much!
__________________

One for every 5 lbs lost.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
You broke the golden rule
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,782

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

Healthy faves- Hummus with carrots, cukes, or celery. (I haven't had this in a long time, I think I need to make some hummus again!!)
Cottage cheese with black pepper and very few dashes of hot sauce with some crackers, carrots or celery. Pretzels are good too.
Plain greek yogurt with some fruit and honey or maple syrup.
Sliced fresh apples with some cinnamon and sweetener then topped with a slice of cheddar then microwaved (or baked but microwave is faster, lol) until cheese is just melted. The mix of apple and cheddar hits the sweet and salty spot!
Chunk light tuna with some cracked pepper olive oil mayo, celery and hard boiled egg is good. Have this with all kinds of crackers.
Last one is tuna with lemon pepper seasoning mixed with 1-2 tsp olive oil and 1 oz cheese then microwaved. (Great with pasta if wanting to make it into a meal or whatever.)

Fave junk- Oh jeez, if it's spicy and/or salty, chances are I like/love it. Hot cheetos were and are my #1 favorite. (UN?)Forunately my GERD/severe acid reflux prevents me from snacking on that and any of my old spicy faves.
__________________
2014 Goals- 153|144|140- GOAL (maybe?)!


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill

Last edited by amandie : 03-09-2013 at 11:58 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
I can dream, can't I?
 
suetalks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,099

Height: 5'5"

Default

Healthy: Almonds, apples, string cheese, low fat graham crackers. All in moderation.

Junk: Salty snacks, chewy candy...like gummies, licorice. Yes, it says low-fat, but it still has calories galore.
__________________

======================
Sue..........


suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Alyssa Autopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new jersey
Posts: 787

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
Healthy: Almonds, apples, string cheese, low fat graham crackers. All in moderation.

Junk: Salty snacks, chewy candy...like gummies, licorice. Yes, it says low-fat, but it still has calories galore.
i loooooooove gummies, but don't eat them anymore. i no longer eat anything that contains gelatin.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Learning to Think Healthy
 
Psychic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 1,031

S/C/G: 195/178/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Healthy (in moderation) - Pistachios, low-fat popcorn, wasa crisps with spreadable cheese or yellow mustard, canned tuna with mustard, and smoked salmon with cream cheese on multi-grain crackers.

Unhealthy: Cheese, potato chips, potato skins, gourmet breads, and chinese food... I like salty, starchy foods.
__________________


Current Goal: Wear Size 12 Pants by Vacation (July 25th)
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Alyssa Autopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new jersey
Posts: 787

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Healthy (in moderation) - Pistachios, low-fat popcorn, wasa crisps with spreadable cheese or yellow mustard, canned tuna with mustard, and smoked salmon with cream cheese on multi-grain crackers.

Unhealthy: Cheese, potato chips, potato skins, gourmet breads, and chinese food... I like salty, starchy foods.
i looooove chinese. when i order chinese i get house lo mein, steamed pork dumplings, and crab rangoon. though now that i've started dieting i just get the dumplings, they are the lowest calorie option out of those 3.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
You broke the golden rule
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,782

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post

the tuna is only 205 calories for a full can.
Outta curiosity, is that 205 calories for a regular sized can or a huge can?? Cuz I get the chunk light tuna in water which is usually 2 servings for about 100 calories.
__________________
2014 Goals- 153|144|140- GOAL (maybe?)!


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
You broke the golden rule
 
amandie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Near St. Louis
Posts: 2,782

S/C/G: HW- 242 SW- 226 Restart SW:180

Height: a little over 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
i looooove chinese. when i order chinese i get house lo mein, steamed pork dumplings, and crab rangoon. though now that i've started dieting i just get the dumplings, they are the lowest calorie option out of those 3.
I totally love house lomein, my favorite! You could make your own crab rangoon easily with ready made wonton wraps, neufchatel cream cheese, bit of crab meat, (and some splenda/sugar since I like it a bit sweet and salty) then very lightly mist/brush with oil then bake. Same goes for steamed dumplings using wonton wraps again, very easy. Oh, if you have a food processor, you can pulse the pork or chicken with some green onions, ginger, and some spices, cook it then stuff in wonton wraps. Steam until soft. Works as potstickers if you'd like too.

I am very frugal when it comes to chinese/mexican/italian in terms of $$ and calories/fat, lol because I like to eat a lot without feeling guilty. :-D
__________________
2014 Goals- 153|144|140- GOAL (maybe?)!


Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Alyssa Autopsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: new jersey
Posts: 787

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
I totally love house lomein, my favorite! You could make your own crab rangoon easily with ready made wonton wraps, neufchatel cream cheese, bit of crab meat, (and some splenda/sugar since I like it a bit sweet and salty) then very lightly mist/brush with oil then bake. Same goes for steamed dumplings using wonton wraps again, very easy. Oh, if you have a food processor, you can pulse the pork or chicken with some green onions, ginger, and some spices, cook it then stuff in wonton wraps. Steam until soft. Works as potstickers if you'd like too.

I am very frugal when it comes to chinese/mexican/italian in terms of $$ and calories/fat, lol because I like to eat a lot without feeling guilty. :-D
i've made my own of all of that before, but it's just not as good as the chinese place down the street from me. the only time i get chinese is when my grandmother or boyfriend is willing to pay so technically i don't really need to get cheap stuff, but i do anyway because money is tight in my family. mom's dead, step-mom's dead, dad is unemployed, grandmother is working herself into the ground, boyfriend is unhappily unemployed (he applies for jobs literally 5 days a week), and i am happily unemployed (trying to go to school instead).



Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Outta curiosity, is that 205 calories for a regular sized can or a huge can?? Cuz I get the chunk light tuna in water which is usually 2 servings for about 100 calories.
it;s 100 calories for the full can, 60 calories for the olive oil mayo, and 45 calories for the cucumber, which adds up to 205.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
300+.....Bios thinthinker 300+ Club 128 03-26-2014 06:36 AM
Weekly chat August 27-Sept 2 paperclippy Living Maintenance 57 09-02-2012 10:31 AM
Eating your child's leftovers tricon7 Weight Loss Support 31 09-01-2011 07:50 PM
~*~ "March"-ing Back To Basics Challenge ~*~ **Jennifer** Chicks up for a Challenge 132 04-01-2006 10:41 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2