3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   what are your favorite healthy/junk snack foods? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/277295-what-your-favorite-healthy-junk-snack-foods.html)

Alyssa Autopsy 03-09-2013 06:53 PM

what are your favorite healthy/junk snack foods?

healthy
i love tuna (in water of course) with some olive oil mayo on cucumber slices,
and honey yoghurt (no hfcs or aspartame) with home-cooked berries.

the tuna is only 205 calories for a full can, 1 tbsp of mayo, and the cucumbers,
and the yoghurt is 1/2 cup with 1 tbsp berries for a total of 100 calories.

junk
ramen is probably my biggest comfort food, but is 380 calories for one package.
my second biggest is chocolate, but i've been getting dark hershey kisses and 5 are only 128.

Em Coconut 03-09-2013 07:07 PM

Healthy:
Baby carrots! I love them. And they give me that crunch I usually want when I feel like snacking. I also love almonds and hazel nuts, but I have to be careful with them as they're very rich in calories.

Junk:
Potato chips, loaded potato skins and chocolate glazed donuts...

beachluvr79 03-09-2013 07:10 PM

hummus and pretzel crisps :)

Nzgirl 03-09-2013 07:13 PM

Hummus and water crackers. Yum!

Alyssa Autopsy 03-09-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Em Coconut (Post 4661690)
Healthy:
Baby carrots! I love them. And they give me that crunch I usually want when I feel like snacking. I also love almonds and hazel nuts, but I have to be careful with them as they're very rich in calories.

Junk:
Potato chips, loaded potato skins and chocolate glazed donuts...

omfg loaded potato skins *droooooool*

mimsyborogoves 03-09-2013 09:56 PM

Healthy snack? Fresh apples :). Unhealthy? You name it, I probably like it lol

Skinnygirldreams 03-09-2013 10:00 PM

Healthy snack: cottage cheese w/ tomato and pepper, hummus and air crisps (25 chips for like 140 calories best i've found to help that chip craving) fruit and lowfat yogurt.

Junk: Anything salty or spicy pretty much!

amandie 03-09-2013 11:58 PM

Healthy faves- Hummus with carrots, cukes, or celery. (I haven't had this in a long time, I think I need to make some hummus again!!)
Cottage cheese with black pepper and very few dashes of hot sauce with some crackers, carrots or celery. Pretzels are good too.
Plain greek yogurt with some fruit and honey or maple syrup.
Sliced fresh apples with some cinnamon and sweetener then topped with a slice of cheddar then microwaved (or baked but microwave is faster, lol) until cheese is just melted. The mix of apple and cheddar hits the sweet and salty spot!
Chunk light tuna with some cracked pepper olive oil mayo, celery and hard boiled egg is good. Have this with all kinds of crackers.
Last one is tuna with lemon pepper seasoning mixed with 1-2 tsp olive oil and 1 oz cheese then microwaved. (Great with pasta if wanting to make it into a meal or whatever.)

Fave junk- Oh jeez, if it's spicy and/or salty, chances are I like/love it. Hot cheetos were and are my #1 favorite. (UN?)Forunately my GERD/severe acid reflux prevents me from snacking on that and any of my old spicy faves.

suetalks 03-10-2013 01:04 AM

Healthy: Almonds, apples, string cheese, low fat graham crackers. All in moderation.

Junk: Salty snacks, chewy candy...like gummies, licorice. Yes, it says low-fat, but it still has calories galore. :)

Alyssa Autopsy 03-10-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suetalks (Post 4661981)
Healthy: Almonds, apples, string cheese, low fat graham crackers. All in moderation.

Junk: Salty snacks, chewy candy...like gummies, licorice. Yes, it says low-fat, but it still has calories galore. :)

i loooooooove gummies, but don't eat them anymore. i no longer eat anything that contains gelatin.

Psychic 03-10-2013 01:50 PM

Healthy (in moderation) - Pistachios, low-fat popcorn, wasa crisps with spreadable cheese or yellow mustard, canned tuna with mustard, and smoked salmon with cream cheese on multi-grain crackers.

Unhealthy: Cheese, potato chips, potato skins, gourmet breads, and chinese food... I like salty, starchy foods.

Alyssa Autopsy 03-10-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychic (Post 4662430)
Healthy (in moderation) - Pistachios, low-fat popcorn, wasa crisps with spreadable cheese or yellow mustard, canned tuna with mustard, and smoked salmon with cream cheese on multi-grain crackers.

Unhealthy: Cheese, potato chips, potato skins, gourmet breads, and chinese food... I like salty, starchy foods.

i looooove chinese. when i order chinese i get house lo mein, steamed pork dumplings, and crab rangoon. though now that i've started dieting i just get the dumplings, they are the lowest calorie option out of those 3.

amandie 03-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy (Post 4661683)

the tuna is only 205 calories for a full can.

Outta curiosity, is that 205 calories for a regular sized can or a huge can?? Cuz I get the chunk light tuna in water which is usually 2 servings for about 100 calories.

amandie 03-10-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy (Post 4662667)
i looooove chinese. when i order chinese i get house lo mein, steamed pork dumplings, and crab rangoon. though now that i've started dieting i just get the dumplings, they are the lowest calorie option out of those 3.

I totally love house lomein, my favorite! You could make your own crab rangoon easily with ready made wonton wraps, neufchatel cream cheese, bit of crab meat, (and some splenda/sugar since I like it a bit sweet and salty) then very lightly mist/brush with oil then bake. Same goes for steamed dumplings using wonton wraps again, very easy. Oh, if you have a food processor, you can pulse the pork or chicken with some green onions, ginger, and some spices, cook it then stuff in wonton wraps. Steam until soft. Works as potstickers if you'd like too.

I am very frugal when it comes to chinese/mexican/italian in terms of $$ and calories/fat, lol because I like to eat a lot without feeling guilty. :-D

Alyssa Autopsy 03-10-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4662687)
I totally love house lomein, my favorite! You could make your own crab rangoon easily with ready made wonton wraps, neufchatel cream cheese, bit of crab meat, (and some splenda/sugar since I like it a bit sweet and salty) then very lightly mist/brush with oil then bake. Same goes for steamed dumplings using wonton wraps again, very easy. Oh, if you have a food processor, you can pulse the pork or chicken with some green onions, ginger, and some spices, cook it then stuff in wonton wraps. Steam until soft. Works as potstickers if you'd like too.

I am very frugal when it comes to chinese/mexican/italian in terms of $$ and calories/fat, lol because I like to eat a lot without feeling guilty. :-D

i've made my own of all of that before, but it's just not as good as the chinese place down the street from me. the only time i get chinese is when my grandmother or boyfriend is willing to pay so technically i don't really need to get cheap stuff, but i do anyway because money is tight in my family. mom's dead, step-mom's dead, dad is unemployed, grandmother is working herself into the ground, boyfriend is unhappily unemployed (he applies for jobs literally 5 days a week), and i am happily unemployed (trying to go to school instead).

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4662679)
Outta curiosity, is that 205 calories for a regular sized can or a huge can?? Cuz I get the chunk light tuna in water which is usually 2 servings for about 100 calories.

it;s 100 calories for the full can, 60 calories for the olive oil mayo, and 45 calories for the cucumber, which adds up to 205.