3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   what are your favorite healthy/junk snack foods? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/277295-what-your-favorite-healthy-junk-snack-foods.html)

amandie 03-10-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy (Post 4662814)
i've made my own of all of that before, but it's just not as good as the chinese place down the street from me. .

That is true! I can never make it taste as good as they do, heh. Ahh, gotcha about the tuna/mayo/cukes cals, thanks! :)

Alyssa Autopsy 03-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4662845)
That is true! I can never make it taste as good as they do, heh. Ahh, gotcha about the tuna/mayo/cukes cals, thanks! :)

i have tried. i actually got my chinese places exact recipe and it just wasn't right.

no problem! i love having that as a small meal. i prefer to have small meals and be able to snack all day over having large meals and limited snacking.

celigirl88 03-11-2013 09:27 AM

Healthy: Definitely apples. I also add peanut butter when I want a little bit more of a taste. I found these apples one day (honeycrisp apples, or something like that) and while they are a tad on the expensive side, they are AMAZING.

Unhealthy: Anything haha. Donuts, candy, etc etc. Sometimes I just need to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Alyssa Autopsy 03-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celigirl88 (Post 4663253)
Healthy: Definitely apples. I also add peanut butter when I want a little bit more of a taste. I found these apples one day (honeycrisp apples, or something like that) and while they are a tad on the expensive side, they are AMAZING.

Unhealthy: Anything haha. Donuts, candy, etc etc. Sometimes I just need to satisfy my sweet tooth.

i found something cool in shoprite that makes me eat more apples. 0-calorie caramel sauce :D i have 4 jars of it, and i eat an apple a day... and with how good it is with the caramel sauce i could eat 10 apples a day xP

celigirl88 03-11-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy (Post 4663492)
i found something cool in shoprite that makes me eat more apples. 0-calorie caramel sauce :D i have 4 jars of it, and i eat an apple a day... and with how good it is with the caramel sauce i could eat 10 apples a day xP

OMG no way!!! Love me some caramel. Did you find it in the fruit section? Sometimes they have the fruit dips in the sides by the salad.

Alyssa Autopsy 03-11-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celigirl88 (Post 4663500)
OMG no way!!! Love me some caramel. Did you find it in the fruit section? Sometimes they have the fruit dips in the sides by the salad.

yeah it was in the fruit section, to the right of the strawberries in my shoprite. it's really good! it's tempting to really glob it on the apple, but the jars are kinda small so i only put a little bit on.

Skellig19 03-11-2013 06:09 PM

Healthy:

It varies but right now it's bran flakes with a sprinkle of coconut and some canned pinapple. Really hits the spot!

Unhealthy:
Cookies...a big stack with milk. I can usually make a pretty decent "diet" version of my favourite bakes but cookies are based on butter and sugar. Without those, there is no substance! I did do chocolate meringues but they didn't really hit the spot. :(

elvislover324 03-11-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychic (Post 4662430)
Unhealthy: Cheese, potato chips, potato skins, gourmet breads, and chinese food... I like salty, starchy foods.

We could have been best friends 7 months ago! I didn't even know other foods besides those existed. :) Well, I did, I just had no desire for them.

Psychic 03-11-2013 09:12 PM

elvislover324 - Lol. I still eat those foods, but a measured portion. I must count out potato chips or I will devour the whole bag. I still eat Chinese about once a week, but I opt for steamed rice and try to get something that is mainly veggies. The restaurant I go to has everything pre-cooked and out in warmers, so its hard to special order. They have chicken and veggies in some sort of sauce I like (which is likely sugar-laden), but at least its not breaded chicken.

Terra1984 07-11-2013 03:43 PM

Healthy:
Carrots,Cauliflower,Cucumbers dipped in light ranch dressing and mushrooms, Strawberries,Cherries,Rasberries,Kwii,pineapple,or anges,banana's

Junk:
Beef Jerky, Gummi Bears, BBQ Pringles, Turtle Chex Mix, and a whole lot more

madelinerose94 07-21-2013 06:49 AM

Healthy Snack: Banana, Berries, Low-Fat Crackers, Rice Cakes and Avocado-Chocolate Dip!

Unhealthy Snack: Chocolate Cupcakes and Potato Chips!

EatMoreCelery 07-21-2013 09:51 AM

Weight Watchers mozzarella cheese sticks ... fun to peel and eat and only 50 calories :)

sontaikle 07-21-2013 12:49 PM

-

AwShucks 08-03-2013 12:49 AM

Healthy: fruit flavored low carb/sugarfree yogurt, any fruit, grilled chicken chunks, Think Thin peanut butter and chocolate bars

Unhealthy: Pralines & Cream Ice Cream, baked Cheetos, bakery cookies and cake; chewy sweet tarts; hot fresh donuts (more than one!)

ImWeighedDown 08-03-2013 04:31 PM

Hey Alyssa,
Is there a reason for not eating anything with gelatin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy (Post 4662175)
i loooooooove gummies, but don't eat them anymore. i no longer eat anything that contains gelatin.