What can I do with egg whites tonight?

• Hey Guys,

I have liquid egg whites, onions, squash, brussel sprouts, spinach and assorted frozen veggies. What can I do with this?

I'm asking because I have never made eggs before ever so I REALLY need help!

I've tried omelettes before but I don't like the sponginess - I really like the way eggs are in thai fried rice.

Thanks so much for your help!!
  • A bit late, but....

If you stir fry the veggies to ALMOST what you like them to be like and then chuck in the egg whites and scramble them they won't be spongey. You'll get chunks of egg and some egg coatiness on the veg.

You can also bake them in the oven like a frittata, but it will have a somewhat similar (though less spongey) texture like an omelette.
  • Oops, just realized you said you don't like omelettes - that was my suggestion! Sometimes I make scrambled eggs and mix in some veggies towards the end. How about an egg white quiche?
  • I sauteed some thawed frozen spinach, finely chopped onion, red pepper and garlic until it was cooked -- onions and peppers were soft, most of the water was gone from the spinach. I kept this mixture in my fridge, and several mornings that week, I scrambled 2 eggs in a pan with a spoonful of this veggie mixture, some salt & Pepper. MMM>..... eggs have never been so good. I imagine it would work the same with egg whites. Try it.

What really happened is that this mixture was actually leftover. I used 1/2 this mixture in making mini quiches for a party, using Won Ton wrappers for the crusts in a mini muffin pan. That's a great appetizer, but it would add calories to what you're making.