3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Quest Bars (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/275257-quest-bars.html)

chickadee32 04-15-2013 10:58 PM

I haven't been able to eat these for a while (was pregnant, now nursing), but I loved them and look forward to being able to have them again. Especially now that there is a cookie dough flavor?!?

Try the apple and chocolate ones microwaved for 10-15 seconds or so... yummy!

Riddy 04-18-2013 11:18 PM

I just got some at GNC. I tried the coconut cashew and really like it! Like previously said, the texture is different. They remind me of the old style protein bars from 10-15 years ago - dense and sticky - but the taste is good! I'm transitioning off the Medifast, and I've been looking for new bars to buy. I also like the 140-180 calorie, 10 gram protein Atkins bars, but these will be nice for variety. And even at $2.50 each, they're no more expensive than Medifast. :dizzy:

DistrictDieter 08-14-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddy (Post 4711871)
I just got some at GNC. I tried the coconut cashew and really like it! Like previously said, the texture is different. They remind me of the old style protein bars from 10-15 years ago - dense and sticky - but the taste is good! I'm transitioning off the Medifast, and I've been looking for new bars to buy. I also like the 140-180 calorie, 10 gram protein Atkins bars, but these will be nice for variety. And even at $2.50 each, they're no more expensive than Medifast. :dizzy:

FYI, you're supposed to stick them in the microwave for like 20s, they are soft and AMAZING that way. You can also break up the chocolate cookie dough ones and stick them in the oven for like 8 minutes for protein chocolate chip cookies! Awesome.

JollyGreenSteen19 01-26-2014 09:18 PM

Recently tried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and the new Raspberry White Chocolate - SUPER amazing. Want a case of each haha :).

Bellamack 01-26-2014 10:37 PM

Yes, warming them in the microwave for 10 seconds makes them even better!

Secret Swan 01-27-2014 12:23 AM

I heard they're coming out with cookies and cream in February.

Jane 02-10-2014 02:33 PM

I've had the new cookies and cream flavor. It's very good! :yes:

GNC has them on sale right now - buy 3, get 1 free.

krampus 02-11-2014 10:49 AM

Yay! I ordered some and I can't wait to try them.

Lovely13 02-11-2014 02:29 PM

The new cookies and cream is AMAZING! I sample ordered 2 of them last week (didn't want to buy a whole case if I didn't like them like some of the other flavors) and they are my new favorite! I should be getting my box of them in the mail today. :o They taste like candy bars with oreos. I love quest bars, but am thankful that they are high enough fiber that I'm discouraged from eating the entire box in a sitting! :devil:

Munchy 02-11-2014 03:07 PM

Have you guys seen this? I'm only posting because it looks so easy and may be a bit cheaper Homemade Quest Bars.

DrivenByAmbition 02-11-2014 04:34 PM

I want some. Unfortunately, no GNC in my town but will be on the look out.

Riddy 02-12-2014 07:33 PM

Thanks for the link, Munchy! Must try!

JollyGreenSteen19 02-14-2014 05:28 AM

Awesome! I love cookies n cream but have found "diet" versions of it to always suck haha. Sounds awesome. I LOVED their most recent flavors - raspberry white chocolate and also the chocolate chip cookie dough. I'll have to go to GNC and see.

krampus 02-14-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely13 (Post 4941567)
The new cookies and cream is AMAZING! I sample ordered 2 of them last week (didn't want to buy a whole case if I didn't like them like some of the other flavors) and they are my new favorite! I should be getting my box of them in the mail today. :o They taste like candy bars with oreos. I love quest bars, but am thankful that they are high enough fiber that I'm discouraged from eating the entire box in a sitting! :devil:

That's the only thing that keeps me from doing just that, honestly - I know too much fiber = massive digestive problems!

AwShucks 03-02-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchy (Post 4941595)
Have you guys seen this? I'm only posting because it looks so easy and may be a bit cheaper Homemade Quest Bars.

I looked into making my own quest bars a while back - found a recipe on a British site, using the same Canadian IMO ingredient. That product really sounds revolutionary for the diet world. I didn't order, though --- got a reply from the company asking where I heard about their product, etc. before they provided the cost info. They're a wholesaler, so I understand, but I wish the "secret ingredient" was easier to obtain.

Thanks for posting that link, though. Her website has GREAT recipes = lots of simple recipes for high protein snacks and foods. I'm going to try out her protein waffles later today to freeze for breakfasts next week. Thanks again!