3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Weight loss plateau'd - Bread maybe?

Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

S/C/G: 335 / ticker / 220

Height: 6'0

Thumbs up Weight loss plateau'd - Bread maybe?

Hi folks,

I've been at 292 for 4-5 days now and it doesn't seem to want to budge. I am eating between 1300-1600 calories worth of food per day, mainly composed of fruits, veggies, greek yogurt and chicken. I also play competitive badminton 3 times a week for 3 hours a night and on off nights, I have a exercise bike and some weights at home so I do 30 minutes of intense riding with a little bit of weights (not enough to strain my muscles too much).

With this combination, I've gotten into a nice groove over the last 3-4 weeks and I've been consistently reducing my weight by half a pound per day and sometimes more depending of what I've eaten. I drink plenty of water (urine is practically clear) so that shouldn't be a problem.

The hardest part so far has been avoiding bread... I'm having a very rough time so I decided to see which bread I could bring into my diet. After some online searches, people recommended bread that is 100% whole wheat. Since, I have been having a tuna sandwich nearly everyday (400 total calories per sandwich). I would probably eat that everyday if it wasn't for the mercury in the tuna. Anyhow, since I've added bread, it seems like the weight loss has stopped. I was wondering if it's coincidence or if any bread will do that?

I've heard of plateau's but I think I'm much too heavy for one and seeing the activity that I do in a week, I seriously don't want to cut back on calories and mess up my metabolism.

I know even bread that says 100% whole wheat can be lies so I thought I'd link it and see if it's good bread or not.

Thanks a bunch :-)
Pat

Here's some info on the bread:

Name: D'italiano 100% whole wheat bread

Nutritional Value:

Serving Size 78 g
Amount % Daily Value
Calories - 200 (840 kJ) (2 bread)
Fat 2.5 g 4%
Saturated 0.5 g 4%
+ Trans 0 g
PolyunSaturated 1.5 g
Omega-6 1 g
Omega-3 0.1 g
Monounsaturated 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 410 mg 17%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 34 g 11%
Fibre 4 g 16%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 9 g

Main ingredients:

Whole wheat flour, water, * sugar/glucose-fructose, yeast, vegetable oil (soybean and/or canola), salt, wheat gluten, potato flour, fancy molasses, calcium propionate, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, monoglycerides, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono and diglycerides, topping: enriched wheat flour.

First goal: Get under 300lbs (January 7th 2013 - Slow start)

Second goal: Get under 289lbs (Lowest weight in last 10 years) (January 24th 2013)

Third goal: Be in the best shape of my life for July 15th 2013 (30 y.o.)

plangevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

To be honest with you, I believe that you're not eating enough.

Normal weight loss is 2lbs a WEEK.

0.5 lbs a DAY is obscene. Like, it's amazing, but not sustainable. I weigh under 180 lbs and I eat about 1800 calories a day- including breads, grains, and other delicious carbs. Everybody is different, but your body could be reacting negatively to not having enough calories. Why not up by 200-300 calories a day, and then when you stop losing on that, slowly decrease.

Current Goals

180-
175-
170-
165-
164 (Normal BMI).

"every day that you don't gain a lb back in a victory on it's own."
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.