3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What do we do when we want a burger? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/272875-what-do-we-do-when-we-want-burger.html)

mimsyborogoves 01-07-2013 11:16 PM

What do we do when we want a burger?

I usually make a turkey burger or get a chicken sandwich, but what do you guys do? And I bake sweet tater fries in the oven instead of getting regular fries. Usually satisfies both cravings for way less calories!

mandalinn82 01-07-2013 11:34 PM

I'll make a burger, but with a lettuce wrap (note, most restaurants will make this for you, too, so if you're going out for a burger with friends, you can still do that).

Typically, my wife and I will split our side orders...one of us will get a side salad, and one of us will get fries or sweet potato fries. Then we split both. We usually don't finish the fries, but even if we do, half an order with a lettuce wrapped burger is still pretty reasonable.

sontaikle 01-07-2013 11:41 PM

Make my own! I seriously do not eat burgers out anymore because they never taste as good as the ones my family makes. We get some ground beef, shape it into burgers and grill it! Yum!

I always have mine without the bun, with some cheese, tomato and roasted pepper on top.

I don't have them all that often, but when I do it certainly kills the craving for a burger for quite some time. :)

vabs 01-07-2013 11:48 PM

I go with the lettuce wrap, too. Even if carbs are a non issue for you, it saves quite a few calories!
And I've learned that if you like a burger with lots of condiments and veggies, it's best to kind of wrap it up half way with a small piece of parchment paper after you've got the lettuce on it. Like a hamburger diaper, to use the absolute worse imagery possible (sorry!). :D

JohnP 01-08-2013 12:56 AM

I just eat a cheeseburger. Usually In & Out. Actually, a double cheeseburger.

mandalinn82 01-08-2013 01:00 AM

In N Out is my favorite place to order a lettuce wrapped burger. Protein style double double...mmmm.

JohnP 01-08-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 4580560)
In N Out is my favorite place to order a lettuce wrapped burger. Protein style double double...mmmm.

Yep. Try it with whole grill onions. Yum!

Arctic Mama 01-08-2013 01:08 AM

I eat a burger? There is almost no plan that can't fit some type of sandwich/hamburger. In my case, they're a staple - no bun and hold the sweet sauces. Bunless double bacon cheeseburgers have made my butt shrink quite nicely :)

Mozzy 01-08-2013 01:45 AM

I go with a turkey burger!

ParkTrot 01-08-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnP (Post 4580564)
Yep. Try it with whole grill onions. Yum!

Oooh I never thought about asking them to do that. Wonderful idea. I do wish they'd start carrying bacon though!

I will either go to In-N-Out and get a burger protein style, or make a bison burger at home with tons of caramelized onions and bacon and slap it between sweet potato "chips" or lettuce. I don't eat dairy and rarely budge on that, so not a cheeseburger but a burger none the less! No bun due to no grain, but I actually like the taste of the bison better between sweet potatoes.

sontaikle 01-08-2013 07:21 AM

There are no In-N-Out burgers in New York :( Makes me so sad because I hear so many good things about them. Argh!

Oh well, I was thinking of moving anyway. Time to move, y/y? :lol:

emurph 01-08-2013 07:28 AM

If I really want a burger, I get a Burger King Whopper Jr. with no cheese and no mayo. That plus fruit or salad is a lunch/dinner combo that will not push me over my calorie budget as long as I've planned out what I'm eating for that day.

WAHMto5 01-08-2013 07:29 AM

If I really have taste for one, I have one! I normally use 93% beef, lower fat bun, and fill it up with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ect.... Yum!

wcjoyner 01-08-2013 07:36 AM

I get a Happy Meal from McDonalds and load up the hamburger with lettuce, fresh onions, etc.

bargoo 01-08-2013 07:40 AM

I usually make my own and my own are way better than Mickey D's. Whether I make my own or order one in a restaurant I ask for no bun or just don't eat the bun., saves calories . PS I love sweet potatao fries.