Whole eggs vs. liquid eggs

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • bargoo, I agree, poached eggs are relatively easy to make. I like poaching them over frying them, actually. I think they taste better and there is less chance of breaking the yolks.

I also love me some scrambled eggs in the microwave Quick and yummy.

Egg beaters works well in the microwave too, if you're looking for something SUPER quick and easy.
  • [QUOTE=kelijpa;4554704]is soft water basted like poached? I love a poached egg, but never make them at home, I've looked at a gazillion recipes and ways to poach, but for some reason never do it./QUOTE]

Yea they are kinda like poached! But a million times easier.

You start off in a small non stick pan just like a fried egg and you get a small lid to cover that pan. After the egg has gotten started, you add 3 tablespoons of HOT water to the pan and cover the egg, turning it down to a simmer.

You wait around 4 minutes and take a peek, when the whites have set, your egg is done and it's "poached", but really you've just basted it with water.

A lot of restaurants use butter or oil, so if you ever order this out, make sure to ask for water basted!
  • Has anyone else found they have to cook the egg beaters a lot longer than regular eggs? I thought I really hated them but then relized I just wasnt cooking them long enough. Now I love them!
  • I have a serious addiction to egg beaters three cheese flavor with spinach...it's a problem and has to stop!
  • I also haven't tried eating liquid eggs, but I've heard of them. My mom told me about them for cooking purposes, because when I separated egg whites on my own, I couldn't get them to whip. I never considered eating them like that...
    I guess I could try it sometime, but I'm happy with regular scrambled eggs.
  • Like kaplods, I'd rather use real egg whites (separated myself) because the color doesn't matter to me, and it's tastier and cheaper than buying egg beaters, and they're less processed.