3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Stevia. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/271027-stevia.html)

owlsteazombies 12-04-2012 04:17 PM

Stevia.

Does it taste funky to you guys too? And not funky fresh! Funky ew!

Roo2 12-04-2012 06:48 PM

I like don't use it often,and have tried other stuff that a thought had an after taste.
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Roo2 12-04-2012 06:50 PM

I like it but don't use it very often.
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

kelijpa 12-04-2012 06:54 PM

I have some stuff called Truvia, not a big fan, it says it's made from the stevia plant, I think I'm going to take it into work and put it by the coffee pot, maybe someone else will like it.

WebRover 12-04-2012 07:07 PM

It tastes really bitter to me.

runthecontinent 12-05-2012 05:29 AM

Yes! I had been thinking about starting a thread about this!

It DOES taste weird! I have some in my cupboard but never use it because it has a bad bitter-ish aftertaste. Not good at all.

Do you get used to it? I so wish I liked it more.. Would be a good alternative..

owlsteazombies 12-12-2012 12:04 PM

It's been awhile..and no, I haven't gotten used to it. I just drink my coffee without sweetener and a little fat free half and half.

mayness 12-12-2012 12:47 PM

Sometimes I don't mind it - I had a protein powder sweetened with stevia that I really liked. But I can't STAND it in tea, or in yogurt.

I used it in my coffee for a while and tolerated it, but it wasn't really better than drinking the coffee black, which is a heck of a lot cheaper. :p If I got just barely too much in my coffee (any more than 1/3-1/2 a packet per cup) it was undrinkable.

domesticbliss 12-12-2012 09:07 PM

it used to, until I found one that had no weird aftertaste at all, now I use it all the time!
try Now Foods Better Stevia

BreathingSpace 12-12-2012 09:22 PM

Yeah I don't like it, bitter or weird aftertaste. I even find nut milks that are sweetened taste strange.

Coldsoup 12-13-2012 02:54 AM

Tastes a bit grassy to me, but I've gotten somewhat used to it in my coffee. Bought a box at the discount grocery store and am determined to use it up before switching back to splenda.

sontaikle 12-13-2012 04:26 AM

I haven't had straight up stevia, but I have had Zevia, the soda that uses it. It's a little sweet for my tastes.

I use Truvia occasionally when I have a microwaved apple with cinnamon. It tastes pretty good on that :)

mariposssa 12-13-2012 04:53 AM

I use it combined with Splenda or Sweet n Low. If you put them together it enhances the flavor and sweetness. Then, I use less packets overall. Since certain brands/colors are cheaper its a win win...saving money by using less packets and less expensive colored packets. I don't notice any bitterness if I use 50/50 splenda and stevia.