3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   I feel so guilty (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/266569-i-feel-so-guilty.html)

hardworkwillpayoff 09-20-2012 01:56 AM

I feel so guilty

My diet has been going really well for the past 3 weeks; however, this evening i was craving pizza so much that i had 2 slice... :(

melodymist 09-20-2012 02:28 AM

"Everyday is a new day to start fresh"

2 Slices??? That doesn't sound bad ;)

Stop feeling guilty, you ARE allowed to induldge every now and then. Depriving yourself from something will only make you want it more.

Forget the guilt, drink your water and keep on plan :)

RoyalAthena 09-20-2012 02:36 AM

You can't feel guilty for living! I don't know what type of diet you are on but if it is calorie counting, did you stay within your calories? If not, well 2 slices of pieces of pizzas (depending on size and type) could be 600-800 calories that is not so detrimental.

2 slices of pizza will not undo all the great work you have done thus far. Congrats by the way!!! :cheer:

TripSwitch 09-20-2012 11:14 AM

I was always taught if you're done something wrong, you should feel guilty...

Now if you feel that eating 2 slices of pizza is "wrong" for whatever reason... than "feeling" guilty about it is perfectly normal... but it sound like that's not the case here...

So make a big deal about it if that helps you... but if it doesn't than accept it... and move on...

I've found that when I "feel" guilty about something I ate... I'm really just looking for excuses and people's sympathy... and excuses and other people's sympathy did nothing for me but keep me from losing weight...

mimsyborogoves 09-20-2012 11:52 AM

Man, I love pizza. Now I want some!

But seriously, 2 slices of pizza won't kill ya. Just don't do it every day and you'll be fine! If it was Little Caesar's, it was only like 5-600 calories so it's not terrible. :)

hardworkwillpayoff 09-20-2012 01:38 PM

Thanks ladies, everyday is a new day. I just have to remember that. I had two slices of freshslice pepperoni and pineapple pizza. TBH, it was delicious.... and after eating it, I did wonder why I am depriving myself from something soo good. hehe But I can't let it effect all my hard work. I have to remember why I am trying to lose the weight. My weight have caused me to have such low confidence when I go out, try on clothes and I even avoid meeting people. I know you guys are thinking that I don't have much weight to lose, but I am only 4'-11'' and currently 137.6 pounds. This puts me in the overweight category :(

Thank you ladies for your advice. I shouldn't give into my temptations, because I have a goal to accomplish!

1spunkygal 09-20-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardworkwillpayoff (Post 4474109)
My diet has been going really well for the past 3 weeks; however, this evening i was craving pizza so much that i had 2 slice... :(

you did it it's done......move on. I did something last week like this don't recall the slip up. I felt so ASHAMED I told myself get over it & get right back on track. So I did :hug: we are HUMAN !

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...5/125/201/.png

kelijpa 09-21-2012 06:20 PM

You have to let yourself have things once in awhile that you like, otherwise you will feel like you're depriving yourself and won't want to keep going.

You guys have the right idea, you're going to have slip ups and learning to deal with them without giving up your program, whatever that may be, is what's going to make it a lifestyle change instead of just a diet that you go on and go off.

Wishing you continued success!

best to all

1spunkygal 09-22-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelijpa (Post 4475986)
You have to let yourself have things once in awhile that you like, otherwise you will feel like you're depriving yourself and won't want to keep going.

You guys have the right idea, you're going to have slip ups and learning to deal with them without giving up your program, whatever that may be, is what's going to make it a lifestyle change instead of just a diet that you go on and go off.

Wishing you continued success!

Same to you . Where in PA ? I love Lancaster AMish Country it reminds me of "home".

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...5/125/201/.png

kelijpa 09-22-2012 08:40 PM

Northeast PA, I have friends in Lancaster area, it is beautiful.

AnnieDrews 09-23-2012 01:38 PM

Yep, never be ashamed or guilty over eating foods that you love. If we are going to stick to healthy lifestyles for life, we need to learn how to work those things in sanely. It takes a while, but you can do it.:carrot: