3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Food Talk And Fabulous Finds

Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Greek vs other yogurt

Old 09-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #16

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have to say I was incredibly amazed at the difference in flavor (even in my first batch, which was made with about the cheapest milk available, milk in 2 quart plastic bags from the Kwik Trip convenience store).

I never could stomach plain, unsweetened yogurt from the store (even licking the spoon would make me gag).

I do still sweeten my yogurt, and I have a whole assortment of natural AND artificial flavors to use as add-ins, but the most common way I eat yogurt, is with just a little bit of low-calorie sweetener and I don't mind it plain.

I still sometimes stir in sugar free jello pudding mix (straight from the box, I'll either substitute 2 cups of homemade yogurt or greek yogurt for the milk, or I'll just stir in a heaping tsp of the powder into my bowl of yogurt - pistachio any brand is my favorite, followed by the Jello brand chocolate fudge).

When I started, I would always add the pudding mix or a tiny splash of good vanilla or almond extract and some sweetener, but now I usually just add a small amount of sweetener. I actually want the plain yogurt/milk flavor to stand out (when with store-bought I was always trying to mask the flavor of the yogurt).

I was so addicted to the flavor in the first couple batches that I gained a couple pounds and had to work it off and pay closer attention to my serving sizes.

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.